No slot for EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card Power Supply

Deadwalker2000

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
I recently bought a graphics card for my PC, because the other one was crummy. But as I inserted the Graphics card into its correct slot, I saw that there was no area to plug in the power supply. I have the area for the 6 pin part, but i have found no slot for the 3 pronged cords that actually connect to the power. On the graphics card it has a 6-pin insert and then the cord separates into two, 3 pronged cords. I don't really know if there is an adapter for this, but if there is can you guys help me out?

Connected to the PC's power supply, there are 2 loose adapters attached to wiring. They seem like they connect to something and I was thinking it might be for what I need.

I bought the computer from best buy:

http://

The Photos of the computer and cords:

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah267/Deadwalker2000/f873f42d-4d5a-4597-8aed-6b4d803161b4_zpsa91c4f29.jpg

That's the slot for the PSU 6 pin power cord don't worry about the separate two, there not for power.

Plug in a 6 pin power cord and you'll be good to go.

Note: Some GXT 750Ti's nee the 6 pin power cable to run because when under max load it is slightly over the motherboard output power limit.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You have a basic PC with a small PSU. The GTX 750 Ti you bought is one of the few that requires a 6 pin PCIe power cable from the PSU. Your PSU doesn't have one because it wasn't designed to handle cards of that class. The adapter you have is designed to plug into the card's 6 pin header and then into 2 x Molex connectors from the PSU.

Btw, don't be surprised if the GTX 750 TI doesn't work with the HP. HP has the bad habit of 'locking' their BIOS so only cards they sell/recommend will work.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

^ Probably true your power supply does not have the correct cable but make sure there is no cable labeled PCI-E it may even look like it has 8 pins ( 6+2 with the 2 removable ). Since there is no listing for the power supply included on the computer you bought there is no way to be absolutely sure it lacks that connector. It is however more likely it is a very low wattage unit that lacks the connectors.

D

Deleted member 217926

XFX is still a better unit across the board. SuperFlower is capable of greatness but they are not to the level of Seasonic with across the board quality yet. Literally the only Seasonic made units I can think of that scored less than a 9 from Jonnyguru in the last 5 years or more are the NZXT Hales and they are an older design built to NZXT specs so not really Seasonic's fault.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yes it has to connect. If you lack a dedicated PCI-E connector then use 2 of the 4 pin Molex connectors from the power supply and the adapter that came with the card. If you don't have the required Molex connectors then you will have to buy a new power supply.