Question No sound after I removed my GPU

Jul 8, 2021
I removed my GPU yesterday to clean it and it's fans. After I put the GPU back and turned on my PC I haven't had any sounds coming from it.
(I don't know if this would help but, I normally use a speaker and sometimes I switch to my headphone. They do not work, at all, but the screen that's connected to my pc still works but it's way quieter than it normally is)

Jul 8, 2021
Hey, check what audio devices it outputs to in windows. It might want to output to the HDMI cable, then to your monitor. (if you use HDMI ofcourse)

And of course the usual DDU (display driver uinstaller) might help. Just completely uninstall your GPU drivers, and then reinstall them.

Jul 8, 2021
Hey, check what audio devices it outputs to in windows. It might want to output to the HDMI cable, then to your monitor. (if you use HDMI ofcourse)

And of course the usual DDU (display driver uinstaller) might help. Just completely uninstall your GPU drivers, and then reinstall them.
Let me try the DDU, thanks!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
yes I tried every output I could, the only one that works is the screen

Ok, so I assume you have an HDMI/DP to the monitor which has built in speakers?
Do you have additional speakers plugged in to the motherboard or sound card output?
If this is the case, and you select the "other" sound device, it still isn't operating properly?

Hopefully Willem's suggestion is the 'easy button' fix on this.

Jul 8, 2021
Ok, so I assume you have an HDMI/DP to the monitor which has built in speakers?
Do you have additional speakers plugged in to the motherboard or sound card output?
If this is the case, and you select the "other" sound device, it still isn't operating properly?

Hopefully Willem's suggestion is the 'easy button' fix on this.

The DDU worked like a charm but now it does not detect my second monitor, even when I try to do it from Advanced Display Settings

TRENDING THREADS