NO Sound! Can't find anything online for this issue

Nov 6, 2018
I have windows 10 on Dell pc. I am having sound issues. Sound shows cross on it; I have tried all the solutions I could find online and nothing seems to work. Even if I plug headphones in, the cross does goes away but still there is no sound; I have tried using Bluetooth headphones as well; and plugging in the sound bar with hdmi. nothing seems to do the trick. Please if someone can solve my issues I would be so relived I am not that computer noob and yet I cant figure it out and its driving me crazy;I am also open to giving access through team viewer as well; Please and thanks

Astralv

Distinguished
In the right lower corner, what do you see as option when clicking on small speaker icon? I have Speakers Realtek High definition audio, Dell speakers- from my monitor, Real
tek digital out and so on. What do you have? Try one of those options. If you connect headphones, it should show your Realtek or what ever Sound Blaster- sound card you have as option.

Nov 6, 2018

It does show those options; Realtek headphones; Like whenever I plug in the headphones; It show that everything is oklay now but still there is no sounds;main error that it shows while troubleshooting are "Digital Display Audio -AMD High definition audio device The connector for this device is located on the hdmi connector"

Astralv

Distinguished

You need regular old school wired headphones to test it. You have too many variables if you use wireless headphones. Also do you have Monitor with speakers? if you use HDMI to connect monitor to computer, you should have sound. Go to some YouTube video and test if you get sound from Video. If you do not, go to Windows settings/ System/Sound and check your settings. If everything looks ok, then go to Device Manager and see what is there. When is the problem started?

Nov 6, 2018

firstly thanks for replying man; no main monitor doesnot have speaker; all i want is the headphones to work; and yeah in the device manager i have unistalled and reinstalled the audio drivers; tried restarting the windows audio services in services.misc file; nothing worked

Astralv

Distinguished
When I connecting headphones, I get Pop Up window that says, |Headphones connected" and it would not start working until I click OK. Do you get pop up window? Also did you install Realtek driver? It is Dell computer, right? They should have it installed but who knows. Is it wired headphones? Make sure you connect them to Mic input and not in Line input.

Nov 6, 2018

yes i does give that usuall pop up and i select headhones with mic option(tried others too) and yes the drivers are installed and updated

Astralv

Distinguished
What I mean is- there are two 1/8 inputs on computer, one is for headphones, another is for Line input. If you insert jack in wrong input port, it will not work. Audio is very straight forward, it should not give you any trouble. If you did everything, it may be faulty headphones or input port. Did it ever work? When did it stop working? is it a new computer?

Nov 6, 2018

Yes I am putting it in right port in the back; and there on for headphones in the front too; i only got this computer from a friend who moved here; he told me that he was using an external; speaker in the same place i am hooking headphones

Astralv

Distinguished
Is it 2.0 or 5.0? Other words- is it only stereo or surround sound? Speaker does not go in to headphone port and headphones would not work from speaker port- it has different impedance. What is the model of Dell computer? with surround the stereo speakers usually go to green port. With stereo- it is simple to figure out. Headphones usually marked as headphones and located on the front. Try simple headphones without mic, not headset.

I will be at work tomorrow and for some reason I can't log in to the forum. Hopefully someone else can help, or I will be back in the evening.