[SOLVED] No sound devices after installing Monitors

Dec 3, 2019
It's as weird as it sounds in the title. I installed an aditional monitor, and when i booted to windows with both of them on i had no sound, or sound devices to be exact. ( I was cleaning in the meanwhile, but i doubt i can break this just by cleaning a pc )

xiPRpil.png
m9lHZ02.png

There aren't any "Speakers" and "Microphone" Devices, and therefore my audio jacks don't work. I tried a lot of things to get them back, but nothing. And as u can see, the only playback devices are my monitors, so that's why i think they cause the problem somehow, but i don't know how, or how to fix it. I should probably mention, that everything worked flawlessly before.

Things i tried:
  • Cleaning and reinstalling a lot of different chipset and audio drivers from my motherboard's website, no luck
  • I even unpluged 1 monitor, to make the setup that i had before the other monitor, but still nothing.
  • Some random fixes from the internet which just dont work for me, for example Troubleshooting asks to select a device that i have problem with, which i can't cause it isnt there.
For everything to be worse, i currently have a problem that i wrote about here. So every time i have to restart my pc to try and fix the audio issue( especially if im installing drivers ), i have to wait 30min :D

Last edited:
Solution
I resolved this too, i just thought i should mention in case someone is having a similar problem.

I flashed the bios with a newer version and everything started working instantly.

Thank you for sticking with me on both issues man. Appreciated
Please provide more details about the audio setup. What are the audio devices (speakers, etc.)? How are they connected to the PC?

However, I think your other problem should take precedence. I personally wouldn't worry too much about audio if my PC took 30 minutes to boot up.

Dec 3, 2019
I agree with you completely. Unfortunately, For now at least i dont have the luxury to redo the system and/or get a new ssd. So im just tryint to fix what i can.

My setup is a speaker in the rear panel and headphones in the front panel, like it has always been, however, none of that matters, because my pc is not responsive to them in any way.

Dec 3, 2019
Update: I reinstalled the windows, this problem persists, which got me really worried. My other problem of a long boot however is gone, so i can do any driver installations much quicker.

Im sure my monitors are somehow creating the issue, i just don't know how to resolve it.

I am glad the reinstall fixed your boot issues. Have you reinstalled the audio drivers? Are the devices still not showing up?

This was the original poster's system specs from the other thread (for reference):

i5-8400 ( CM Hyper 212 fan )
GTX 1060
MSI Gaming Plus z370
EVGA G3 Supernova 750W
16GB DDR4 Tforce Delta 2400
SSD is a 240gb Kingston SV300S37A240G
HDD Toshiba 1GB DT01ACA100

Dec 3, 2019
I resolved this too, i just thought i should mention in case someone is having a similar problem.

I flashed the bios with a newer version and everything started working instantly.

Thank you for sticking with me on both issues man. Appreciated

Solution