[SOLVED] no sound except with bluetooth headphones

Jul 5, 2019
Hello, I recently build a computer. My motherboard is an asus p7h55e. The audio ports don't work (front and back) but I tried with bluetooth headphones and it worked . I already tried uninstalling and installing the lastest drivers. Will a new pci-e sound card fix the problem? Thanks.

Solution
check driver if its realteck & windows, try ubuntu live pendrive. Seems that realteck drivers that windows 10 push are the problem.
AAAAAND windows 10 will reinstall them everyday. Youre welcome

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Hello, I recently build a computer. My motherboard is an asus p7h55e. The audio ports don't work (front and back) but I tried with bluetooth headphones and it worked . I already tried uninstalling and installing the lastest drivers. Will a new pci-e sound card fix the problem? Thanks.

It is a sign of a faulty internal sound card. If you've done every troubleshooting possible, that might be the case.

A new external (USB) or internal soundcard can fix this problem.

Also, check front panel connections if it is properly seated or connected to the right pin.

McGaz

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
If you right click on the volume icon and click Sounds, go to Playback and have something like youtube or music running in the background. Does the bars move on the speakers?

Maybe you've just got the wrong default device?

The other option is that you can disable your on-board sound in the bios for if you want to use a separate card. You could check to see whether it is disabled in there.