Question No sound from DisplayPort on MSI RTX 2080 TI Sea Hawk X

Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me out.

I had a Palit GTX 980 TI connected to an Acer Predator XB271HUBmiprz 27" 144Hz via DisplayPort cable and the sound was working fine.

Three days ago I bought the MSI RTX 2080 TI Sea Haw X, connected it the exact same way to the same monitor and I don't have sound on the DisplayPort.

When I go the the sound properties, it says that the sound is coming from the HDMI port, I tried with an HDMI cable and I still don't have sound from the monitor speakers.

But I don't want to use the HDMI port as it caps the frame rate. How can I enable the sound from the DisplayPort.

It's connected to the DisplayPort1 but I already tried all the others.

I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers. Been going around with this for 3 days now.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Malamene

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Here mate. It should work, i think whats happened is after changing cards / reinstalling drivers would have changed default audio source. Usually motherboard speakers are default until it's changed to another source like Hdmi or Displayport graphics card audio.

Did you change the source before or did someone else do it?

Jun 6, 2019
Hi, the monitor is set to default but it says the main audio output is HDMI, which is not where the monitor is connected to. I'm on Win 10 64bit and I can't find a way to change it to the DisplayPort.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can ya post a screenshot of the list in playback devices?

Displayport should be one of those listed there with an monitor icon like Hdmi. Playback devices lists all audio capable devices, just a matter of knowing which one is meant for Displayport right clicking it and set default.

Jun 6, 2019
I can't at the moment as I'm at work, but I can tell you all the ones there say it's HDMI except the two for Realtek.
I will post it later today. Thanks for trying to help mate.

TRENDING THREADS