No Sound from Internet Explorer 11

Rowan529

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
Hi All,

We have a member of staff who cannot seem to play any form of sound through Internet Explorer 11; all other programs work without issue.

What makes this even weirder, is if you open up Mixer, it shows IE as playing sound, yet the 'Speakers' section is showing it as nothing is being played...

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreicated!

Many Thanks

Rowan

Solution
2 things to try.

1. Go to IE->Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Multimedia and make sure the box for play sounds in internet is ticked.
2. Go into Control Panel -> Flash Player - and delete the settings...

Let me know how it goes!

Rowan529

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

Hi -HH-,

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately the answer is yes, as this is part of a school policy. What were trying to do works fine in Chrome, however we are trying to avoid the use of this...

Many Thanks

Rowan

ktolo

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
2 things to try.

1. Go to IE->Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Multimedia and make sure the box for play sounds in internet is ticked.
2. Go into Control Panel -> Flash Player - and delete the settings...

Let me know how it goes!

Solution

Rowan529

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

Hi Ktolo,

Thanks for responding.

Tried both of these steps, still no joy. I've come to the conclusion its down to the actual site. We're trying to access 'Theatre For Schools on Demand', whichI think is by a company called Frog. I attempted a YouTube clip and all worked fine...

Many Thanks for all your help, this can probably be closed now!

Rowan