No sound from my onboard sound...

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hello,
I am usings Biostar's TH55B HD with realtek onboard sound. I can't seem to get the sound working. My speakers make a loud buzzing or humming sound. I tried updrading and downgrading realtek drivers. I've also tried updating the bios and motherboard chipset, doing this did nothing. In the sound panel it shows my default sound is my speakers on Realtek High Definition Audio. Any suggestions for this problem?

Intel core I3
Motherboard = TH55B HD
Ram = 2 Gig 1333
hd = 380 sata
Onboard Video and Realtek Sound

Solution

Yes a discrete card will give you audio.
Before you do that my last suggestion for you is to clear your cmos/reset
Sometimes your cmos can become corrupted over time
It's worth a shot and something i've done before when my video was misbehaving
When i restarted in that scenario my video was restored
I have no explanation for it but it worked.
Try that and see if it works.
If not go for the sound card installation.
Man i feel for ya bud!

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I did all of those things already. Another wierd thing is when I plug my speakers into the back of my pc, the realtex audio manager reads that I plugged them into the front jack. Any hoo... Any suggestions is much appreciated.

I looked at your mobo manual and audio connection is straight forward.
It only comes with one audio cable(HD)plug that into your F audio header located on the left side of your board by the IO panel.
Don't confuse that with your front panel header(bottom) which has speakers leads which are purely for a case speaker(diagnostics)

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
OK I've tried it no luck. I found old sound and graphic card drivers that was still installed and was able to clear them. Unfortunately instead of the intolerable Buzzing\Humming and no audio, now I cannt hear anything out the speakers at all. Do you think an audio add on card will give me audio?

Yes a discrete card will give you audio.
Before you do that my last suggestion for you is to clear your cmos/reset
Sometimes your cmos can become corrupted over time
It's worth a shot and something i've done before when my video was misbehaving
When i restarted in that scenario my video was restored
I have no explanation for it but it worked.
Try that and see if it works.
If not go for the sound card installation.
Man i feel for ya bud!

Solution

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
OK I will try. Also I wanted to let you all know that I download the knoppix linuz live and upon booting my computer it did pretty much the same thing... It showed that the volume should be playing but I don't hear anything. Don't know if this is important, but i wanted to keep you all posted so you can offer me the best solutions. Thank you.

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Alrighty then... We've made some progress. Now I can here out of the sound jack, but only with headphones. I was wondering???? If my power supply isn't very strong 300W, could this affect the sound and sound quality?

I don't think so 300w is plenty considering your set-up at the moment is basic(no gpu).

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
No help ever came. bought external card and sound is working fine. Thanks to all of you that replied or even looked at my post. Thank you so much. Moderator can you please close this thread. :hello: