[SOLVED] No sound from my USB turntable

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Hi I have tried several times to get my USB turntable to work with no success I can not get any sound at all ,it does have two audio cables as well as a USB cable but I don't know what to do with them ? It doesn't matter what audio playback I choose I still can't get any sound

Solution
I just read the instructions but under "Recording Device I am supposed to select USB audio Codec ,the only choices I have are Microsoft audio mapper-input and my Microphone ?

Maybe the computer did not detect it properly, check in Device Manager and see if it's showing any devices with error in it. Does the system make a new device found ding when you connect the turntable? Look on their support page or through the instructions for anything about the connection and trouble-shooting steps. Maybe check with their support email/phone.

Are you looking to record the records to the computer or to just play them on speakers/headphones? You may need to buy some powered speakers to use with it, Edifier R980T are great for the...

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Turntable is a DJ-Tech vinyl USB 1 Trying using my Realtek built in audio Pc running Windows 10 with latest updates In Device Drivers one USB came up with a failed error

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I just read the instructions but under "Recording Device I am supposed to select USB audio Codec ,the only choices I have are Microsoft audio mapper-input and my Microphone ?

Maybe the computer did not detect it properly, check in Device Manager and see if it's showing any devices with error in it. Does the system make a new device found ding when you connect the turntable? Look on their support page or through the instructions for anything about the connection and trouble-shooting steps. Maybe check with their support email/phone.

Are you looking to record the records to the computer or to just play them on speakers/headphones? You may need to buy some powered speakers to use with it, Edifier R980T are great for the price and often used as a cheaper setup for use with a turntable without a pre-amp or amp but the volume is on the rear so you may want to spend a bit more to get one with a remote or front audio like Edifier R1280Ts. Monoprice has some good cheaper speakers, this model has Bluetooth included so you can link a phone/tablet/PC to it wirelessly https://www.monoprice.com/product?p...YQQ1crsWVshSYXh6jOlpDdMJfNHOfJ5xoCXsAQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Solution

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
When I check device manger it shows an error on one USB connection tried reinstalling several times with the same result no I don't get the ding when I connect it either I only want to record them to the H/D then burn them as MP3's