Question No sound from onboard sound card. What's is the problem?

Aug 2, 2019
I am using an AB350M-HDV motherboard alongside with a Ryzen 1500X CPU, but I get no sound from either the front or back audio jacks. I've tried all that I could, updated and restarted BIOS, used a USB Sound Card (With it I could hear the audio, but my mic wouldn't work), installed Realtek Audio Driver and made sure I was not using the NVIDIA ones. Speaking of which, when I used the audio jack from my monitor I could perfectly hear the audio. So, what you guys think it's the problem if it's on a motherboard or a CPU issue and if I bought a PCI Express Sound Card, it would solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

I am using an AB350M-HDV motherboard alongside with a Ryzen 1500X CPU, but I get no sound from either the front or back audio jacks. I've tried all that I could, updated and restarted BIOS, used a USB Sound Card (With it I could hear the audio, but my mic wouldn't work), installed Realtek Audio Driver and made sure I was not using the NVIDIA ones. Speaking of which, when I used the audio jack from my monitor I could perfectly hear the audio. So, what you guys think it's the problem if it's on a motherboard or a CPU issue and if I bought a PCI Express Sound Card, it would solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

I suppose you double-checked Sound Settings is configured to be using "Speakers (Realtek Audio)"...just type Sound Settings in Cortana and make sure.

If it has 'given up the ghost', HDMI audio (what you're getting at the monitor) is still pretty good way of getting sound, probably as good as the low-end Realtek on that motherboard.

Reactions: Jahn____
Aug 2, 2019
I suppose you double-checked Sound Settings is configured to be using "Speakers (Realtek Audio)"...just type Sound Settings in Cortana and make sure.

If it has 'given up the ghost', HDMI audio (what you're getting at the monitor) is still pretty good way of getting sound, probably as good as the low-end Realtek on that motherboard.
Yeah the sound from my monitor it's perfect, but the problem is that I need to use the microphone jack for speaking with others on discord

Aug 2, 2019
Another way would be to use a usb adapter for your headset jack, and use a usb slot.
Sorry for the late reply. I've tried to use this USB Adapters as I said in the post, but for some reason, the mic doesn't work properly but audio works perfectly. Because of this, I'm afraid that the PCI Express Sound Card might have the same issue, do you think it will have?