[SOLVED] No sound from Samsung UE32D5520 connected to GTX 1070?

marioarmy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
Hello,
I have an issue with the audio of Samsung TV which is connected with HDMI to DVI cable to gtx 1070.It was working 3 months ago, so i think it's the win 10 updates or the graphics card new drivers.I hope i will find a solution here.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
As I said earlier, you can't use DVI-to-HDMI for audio, it has to be HDMI-to-HDMI (same as you're using for the monitor).

Just for the sake of my sanity, try using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable to the TV (even if you have to disconnect the monitor to try it)

If you still insist that it used to work okay with DVI-to-HDMI then I can't help you any further.

marioarmy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
You had sound working through DVI? Then I'm completely baffled.

Are you sure that Nvidia audio is still set as default on your PC? (you may have changed it to Realtek audio recently and forgot about that).

Yes i know it sounds weird but it was working. On my PC there are the options
Speakers (Realtek High definition audio) set as default
Samsung (Nvidia High Definition audio)`

Yes i know it sounds weird but it was working. On my PC there are the options
Speakers (Realtek High definition audio) set as default
Samsung (Nvidia High Definition audio)`

For sound through the HDMI port on the graphics card, you've got the wrong option set as the default.
Default should be set to "Nvidia High Definition audio".

That's exactly what I told you to check in my previous post 😕

marioarmy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
For sound through the HDMI port on the graphics card, you've got the wrong option set as the default.
Default should be set to "Nvidia High Definition audio".

That's exactly what I told you to check in my previous post 😕
I have 2 cables connected to my gpu, one hdmi to hdmi which connects to my monitor and one dvi to hdmi which connect samsung TV. When i set as default the option 'Samsung(Nvidia High definition audio)' it should transfer the audio to tv but it doesn't, i don't hear anything( it was working fine 3 months ago).

As I said earlier, you can't use DVI-to-HDMI for audio, it has to be HDMI-to-HDMI (same as you're using for the monitor).

Just for the sake of my sanity, try using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable to the TV (even if you have to disconnect the monitor to try it)

If you still insist that it used to work okay with DVI-to-HDMI then I can't help you any further.

Solution

marioarmy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015

Ok, i will try with hdmi-to-hdmi, thank you