[SOLVED] No sound front and back audio jack "Asrock B450 Steel Legend"

Dec 7, 2019
Hi,
I've got a strange problem with my front and back audio jack all of a sudden stopped working but the sound still works with a USB sound card from my testing, I've also tried a few things such as reinstalling the drives and even reinstalling windows, still the got the problem. I'm starting to think my on broad audio has blown but before I send it back to Amazon I need to be sure it is. Does anyone recommended trying anything else or do you think the audio has blown. Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
...after having another look though my audio device I just realized my HDMI audio is still working , does that mean the Realtek audio have blown. Cheers

One other thing to try: go into the case and completely disconnect front panel wires and use only rear panel. That, in case something amiss in the front is jacking audio all around.

Otherwise, it is certainly sounding like your board audio is blown. HDMI audio works pretty well for me, so if that's enough for you just use it. But add-in sound cards can be had rather inexpensive and, according to those who know, many also offer very much superior sound, feature sets and really nice accompanying software packages.
Have you confirmed the output device indeed is "Realtek Speakers"? Type Sound Settings in Cortana, in "Choose your Output Device" box select "Realtek Speakers". If you haven't installed the Realtek drivers it may just read Speakers (or similar) since it will be using Windows default drivers.

And, of course, try with more than on headphone or speakers just to rule that out. If nothing works the chip may be blown as you suspect. Then disable the chipset in BIOS and either install an add-in soundcard or use HDMI audio from your GPU.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
go into the BIOS and see if it was disabled in there. if its enabled yeah something is wrong and it may be time for a return.
[/QUOTE
go into the BIOS and see if it was disabled in there. if its enabled yeah something is wrong and it may be time for a return.
couldn't see an option in BISO for audio but I reset just to be safe, cheers.

Dec 7, 2019
Have you confirmed the output device indeed is "Realtek Speakers"? Type Sound Settings in Cortana, in "Choose your Output Device" box select "Realtek Speakers". If you haven't installed the Realtek drivers it may just read Speakers (or similar) since it will be using Windows default drivers.

And, of course, try with more than on headphone or speakers just to rule that out. If nothing works the chip may be blown as you suspect. Then disable the chipset in BIOS and either install an add-in soundcard or use HDMI audio from your GPU.
I've got the drivers installed but windows still not recognize the Realtek audio I'm sure they the right ones as I download them from Asrocks website, after having another look though my audio device I just realized my HDMI audio is still working , does that mean the Realtek audio have blown. Cheers

...after having another look though my audio device I just realized my HDMI audio is still working , does that mean the Realtek audio have blown. Cheers

One other thing to try: go into the case and completely disconnect front panel wires and use only rear panel. That, in case something amiss in the front is jacking audio all around.

Otherwise, it is certainly sounding like your board audio is blown. HDMI audio works pretty well for me, so if that's enough for you just use it. But add-in sound cards can be had rather inexpensive and, according to those who know, many also offer very much superior sound, feature sets and really nice accompanying software packages.

Reactions: slimzino
Solution
Dec 7, 2019

I've just tryed unplugging the front audio and windows is still not recognizing it, I'm going to sand it back to amazon becuase I use my back jack for my heandphone amps, also thanks for your help.

Last edited: