Question No sound in Fullscreen when PC is connected to the tv

Switch87

Honorable
Sep 14, 2016
I have an extremely odd and annoying issue going on.

I have my PC connected to my tv for 4k sofa gaming (windows 10, hdmi 2.1). When using the tv on a fullscreen game I will not have sound. As soon as I turn the game into window mode, the sound kicks in. On the desktop sound works normally.

I have installed the latest realtek audio drivers. and the new Nvidia drivers. I also have something called nahimic that came with the audio drivers from the mobo website.

I found a very peculiar way of temporarily fixing it. To get audio in fullscreen, what I have to do is with the game launched and silent, I connect a headset to the xbox controller audiojack. I get audio on the headphones. Then I unplug the headphones and the audio will now work on the tv. This must be done every time I launch a game.

Anyone as got a clue about what's going on here?
Thanks

Switch87

Honorable
Sep 14, 2016
Update: I believe I fixed it

I'll leave this here since anyone has a similar issue.

I went to windows sound settings, select the tv from the list and hit properties, then select properties on the controller information (High definition audio device). In there select change settings, and then on the driver tab you have an option to roll back driver, if you are having this issue with the most recent one