Question No sound on monitor after connecting xbox

Jun 2, 2021
Ive always played my xbox on a tv, now ive got a new monitor and connected my xbox series s to it using HDMI. I have no sound for my xbox.. I have bose desktop speakers and a headset, no sound no matter what playback device it is. Do i need to buy a separate adapter or something? Thanks!

My monitor is msi optix g27cq4

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G27CQ4

Jun 2, 2021
So you are trying to get the sound from the XBox out from the pc? That isn't going to work.
I know. I have my pc and xbox hooked up to the same monitor. would i have to connect my speakers to the monitor or something? i have a friend who has sound on his monitor and he plugged his in? idk how he gets his sound tho, so what would i do to get sound

I know. I have my pc and xbox hooked up to the same monitor. would i have to connect my speakers to the monitor or something? i have a friend who has sound on his monitor and he plugged his in? idk how he gets his sound tho, so what would i do to get sound
Yes, you would need to connect the Bose and headset to the audio out on the monitor or have a separate audio switch to select inputs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS