Question No sound through built in speakers with DisplayPort

NutsoBlutso

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
My new monitor came a few days ago and I’ve been trying to figure out why the built in speakers won’t play any audio. I’ve made sure to turn it’s volume up, I’ve updated drivers galore, I’ve made sure that it’s recognizing my monitor rather than just seeing it as a “generic pnp monitor”, I’ve tried plugging in an hdmi thinking that maybe the DisplayPort cable just isn’t working well enough to handle both video and audio, and I’ve even installed my monitors latest driver straight from its product page on the aces website. My monitor is an acer ED323QUR A, 2k, 144hz, 4ms. I’m at work at the moment, so I’ll add my other specs or whatever a bit later when I’m on my break if need be. Thanks

Make sure it is enabled in the settings. Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner and select playback devices. See if it is enabled there.

If that does not work, try removing some of the audio drivers (real tech and what not). Start from scratch with none of the audio drivers as Windows may pull the necessary drivers automatically.

NutsoBlutso

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
Make sure it is enabled in the settings. Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner and select playback devices. See if it is enabled there.

If that does not work, try removing some of the audio drivers (real tech and what not). Start from scratch with none of the audio drivers as Windows may pull the necessary drivers automatically.

I’ve tried both of those things. Though I’ve been starting to think that my mb may not have a sound card which would be pretty annoying. Realtek didn’t show up like it did for my last mb, but there was one that I hadn’t seen on the other, though if it is, it’s one million percent generic af lol so if that’s the case then it’s probably just a compatibility problem. on the monitors info window or whatever it says the audio controller is nvidia high quality audio or something like that. I’ve tried updating drivers for that but it just took me to the graphics drivers page on their site. I figured I’d try plugging the hdmi into the gpu as well for the reason I mentioned in the original post, but the only thing it did was make the pc think there’s a second monitor connected, which is also strange, but that at least made it so the audio format list for my monitor wasn’t grayed out anymore, though I tried all of those formats and none work.