[SOLVED] no sound through speakers audio jack

Dec 10, 2019
Hello, I'm not sure what happened but my sound from my speakers are no longer functioning properly. All other audio devices are working. The weird thing is that my speakers still work when playing through VLC player, but for everything else there is no sound. Any ideas?

Solution
Hello

Please try right-clicking the Speaker icon in the Notification area at the bottom-right corner, going to Open Volume mixer, and checking if the Device slider is set to Speakers and that its bar is to the maximum level.

Also, please search for Find and fix problems with playing sound in the Cortana search box and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

If this doesn't help, please try uninstalling and re-installing the audio driver (assuming that you already have the latest ones installed).

If the issue still persists, please try installing an earlier version of the driver and see if it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

Please try right-clicking the Speaker icon in the Notification area at the bottom-right corner, going to Open Volume mixer, and checking if the Device slider is set to Speakers and that its bar is to the maximum level.

Also, please search for Find and fix problems with playing sound in the Cortana search box and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

If this doesn't help, please try uninstalling and re-installing the audio driver (assuming that you already have the latest ones installed).

If the issue still persists, please try installing an earlier version of the driver and see if it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution