[SOLVED] No space for the radiator on top

Dec 24, 2020
Hi guys, well first of all merry christmas y'all!

Basically i built my first pc with the help of a friend and everything works, but unfortunately on the top of the case there isn't enough space for the 2nd fan of my 240mm radiator... basically i mounted radiator on top, mounted the ban in exaust, but the other fan wont just fit, because of ram.
Radiator: kraken x53 240mm
Case: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B083QNRXXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (sorry if it's amazon.it)

Here's a picture of current situation and some more of the case... please, help me on what i can do.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/723601572063346698/791825219320283166/20201225_013026.jpg

Solution
1)200mm don't work well with push-pull setups, so you'll still have to replace them if you do that.

2)Odd.
It sounds like only radiator clearance was tested...

3)Chassis = PC case.
I couldn't tell you right now as I can't use my PC at the moment. I think a telltale hint would be in the cpu air cooler clearance. You clearly need more side-to-side space, and if the new chassis can support taller air coolers, then it should fit a top mounted hybrid cooler.

4)I'll try again.
Take the radiator and hold it up and against the top panel. Then take the fans, put them on top of the chassis, align those long screws through them, and into the radiator's screw holes.
I know it's not pretty - it was just an idea.

5)Well, you're still at the range...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You have to make a compromise.
1)You mount the radiator at the front, but you can kiss the 200mm fans goodbye as they just don't work well with radiators - exception to custom liquid radiators specifically designed for 200mm fans.
The top doesn't support 200mm either.

2)Replace those ridiculously tall Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB sticks with something shorter. They're like what, 51-55mm tall?
It's not the first time I've heard that specific kit causing clearance issues...
Measure how much space actually is available for the top mounted hybrid cooler if you choose to go this route.

3)Replace the chassis with a 'roomier' model.

4)Secure the fans on top of the chassis.
Yeah, I know... but there's no other way to get it to fit without changing something else.

5)Replace the hybrid cooler with an air cooler under 170mm that will not obstruct the tall ram.

Dec 24, 2020
You have to make a compromise.
1)You mount the radiator at the front, but you can kiss the 200mm fans goodbye as they just don't work well with radiators - exception to custom liquid radiators specifically designed for 200mm fans.
The top doesn't support 200mm either.

2)Replace those ridiculously tall Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB sticks with something shorter. They're like what, 51-55mm tall?
It's not the first time I've heard that specific kit causing clearance issues...
Measure how much space actually is available for the top mounted hybrid cooler if you choose to go this route.

3)Replace the chassis with a 'roomier' model.

4)Secure the fans on top of the chassis.
Yeah, I know... but there's no other way to get it to fit without changing something else.

5)Replace the hybrid cooler with an air cooler under 170mm that will not obstruct the tall ram.

1. I was suggested to try a push-pull configuration, so i'll probably go for that, and buy 1-2 more fans in exaust that i'll put on the top.

2. Problem isn't only the height of the ram, but the length. even if they were low profile and shorter, there still wouldn't be enough space

3. I dont know what a cassis is, guess you mean a case? If so i was thinkin about that, but i want to be 1000% sure that it will fit before buying, if you have any suggestion please tell me

4. Didn't understand this

5. I'd rather have a liquid cooler for a i7 10700k rather than a air one

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)200mm don't work well with push-pull setups, so you'll still have to replace them if you do that.

2)Odd.
It sounds like only radiator clearance was tested...

3)Chassis = PC case.
I couldn't tell you right now as I can't use my PC at the moment. I think a telltale hint would be in the cpu air cooler clearance. You clearly need more side-to-side space, and if the new chassis can support taller air coolers, then it should fit a top mounted hybrid cooler.

4)I'll try again.
Take the radiator and hold it up and against the top panel. Then take the fans, put them on top of the chassis, align those long screws through them, and into the radiator's screw holes.
I know it's not pretty - it was just an idea.

5)Well, you're still at the range where many air coolers can match or beat hybrids. It's not until 280mm that most air options fall off a cliff.
Plus, if you're looking to mess with overclocking, a 240mm isn't going to keep up with a 10700K; that's like 360mm territory.

Solution