[SOLVED] No speaker or headphones are plugged in

Nov 22, 2021
So i was playing a game and suddenly my pc restart automatics and when the pc was turn on my audio wasn't working more

so in the lowest right corner it say no speaker or headphones are plugged in. so I was tryna to get the issue and one said go to device manager and go to sound and it don't show my output and input or Realtek it show NVIDIA High Definition Audio. When i trynna troubleshooting it say choose a device you want to troubleshooting so it came 3 thing to choose and all was the same all was call NVIDIA Output - NVIDIA High Definition Audio. so i choose a random one. after some second it came up no device appear are plugged in so i try one more time to unplug and put it in again and i click on next so after it come again and i went to detail and 2 came up and one said "The Speaker, Headset or headphones is unplugged "NOT FIX" but my headset are plugged and the second one said "Check audio device "DETECTED" so click on the Check audio device and 4 thing came up and one said "Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running." so i checked the window audio and both was running. the second said "The audio device you selected is currently turned off in Windows." and the third said "Your PC must be restarted" and i did restart and it not work. the last thing came up was "Hardware changes might not have been detected" i don't know what that mean.

Is it any solution to fix this.

Solution
Try getting the latest drivers from your mobo site, remove both the realtek app and the existing drivers, reboot & reinstall - worked for me after I had audio issues after windows updates...
Nov 22, 2021
if you're willing to boot up a linux live USB like ubuntu in live mode, that is a quick way to see if your audio is functioning correctly, the latest LTS 20.04.3 I have on a keychain just for issues like this :)
i have the latest motherboard driver i just check in geforce experience and i try remove realtek app and install it again but what you mean about the existing drivers

Nov 22, 2021
In the device manager, look under audio devices as shown here

https://windowsbilly.com/realtek-hd-audio-windows-10.html

then just right-click and remove, remove the app too, then reboot then reinstall...
985303eb-731a-440b-9801-140a6bceafcb
danger-triangle-yellow-background-sign-260nw-1285395700.jpg
so when i look up at device manager on the system devices one of the
High Definition Audio Controller was a yellow warning sign. so i look at properties it said "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I would:

- check the BIOS and confirm the on-board audio is enabled

- do the linux live USB test to confirm it's actually working on your motherboard (will boot up to a desktop environment with the audio hopefully working and you can test in your browser with youtube or whatever website with audio)

then once confirmed working, back to win10 troubleshooting. If it's not working in linux, possible your on-board audio is having an issue of some sort - a quick fix might be a usb sound card :)