"no speakers or headphones are plugged in" after install driver

thepirat

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
Hi. (sorry for my english). One friend instaled win7 prof and volume icon show "headphones" after my driver installed volume icon show X and "no speakers or headphones are plugged in." I tryed to reinstall the driver and nothink. I installed another driver from realtek.com and nothink. I made any bios onboard audio enable, i dont know what i can do anymore. Please help me and again i'm sorry for my english.

Akram Sidena

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
I think the Windows version of yours is bad. This is known when Windows formatting disk is corrupted/bad, or when the windows is badly burnt.

What I guess for now, run Windows Updates and let it search for Audio drivers if you have an outdated version.

Otherwise, download Windows Ultimate x64/x86 and burn it on a Flash disk or an empty CD. Then format. Also get sure that you're downloading the right driver.

thepirat

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
I formated last version of win (i have win on cd but isnt original cd) i thinking problem are from my integrated audio card. i'll try with another audio card and i'll see if problem continue. About your solution , i tryed everythink.