Question No Splash Screen after swapping GPU but boots into Windows fine

Jan 24, 2023
I just now changed my GPU from another model of the Asus 3060 ti to the TUF 3060 ti. After plugging in the new GPU, the boot screen does not show the motherboard logo (AORUS). When I press F8/F12 to access bios though, it does let me do that, so that's good. But after the brief black screen, I directly go into Windows Login screen. I can login, game, work, all fine. I am just bothered by the MoBo logo not showing. I checked the BIOS, fast enabled is disabled. It is a Aorus Z490 elite MoBo. INTEL I9 processor, ASUS TUF 3060 ti GPU , Corsair RM850x PSU.
Any thoughts ? Thank you.

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
I just now changed my GPU from another model of the Asus 3060 ti to the TUF 3060 ti. After plugging in the new GPU, the boot screen does not show the motherboard logo (AORUS). When I press F8/F12 to access bios though, it does let me do that, so that's good. But after the brief black screen, I directly go into Windows Login screen. I can login, game, work, all fine. I am just bothered by the MoBo logo not showing. I checked the BIOS, fast enabled is disabled. It is a Aorus Z490 elite MoBo. INTEL I9 processor, ASUS TUF 3060 ti GPU , Corsair RM850x PSU.
Any thoughts ? Thank you.

Does your BIOS have an option to display the logo? I haven't had an Asus mobo for a while but many boards do have the option. Maybe it got disabled.

Jan 24, 2023
Does your BIOS have an option to display the logo? I haven't had an Asus mobo for a while but many boards do have the option. Maybe it got disabled.
hi, I checked that, Display Logo is enabled in bios, fast boot is disabled also, both in control panel and bios. I just now noticed, the monitor has no display when plugged into a Display Port on the 3060 ti TUF. It works on the other display ports though. Could it be an issue with the order of boot for the display or priority on the graphics card?

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
hi, I checked that, Display Logo is enabled in bios, fast boot is disabled also, both in control panel and bios. I just now noticed, the monitor has no display when plugged into a Display Port on the 3060 ti TUF. It works on the other display ports though. Could it be an issue with the order of boot for the display or priority on the graphics card?
I have the same GPU although I use an MSI mobo. Is the behavior the same regardless of which port you use on the card? Can you try with a spare cable, including maybe an HDMI cable and see if that solves it?

It sounds like the card isn't displaying anything until the driver gets loaded in Windows, but I can't imagine why that would be happening. Have you checked in BIOS to make sure the discreet card gets initialized first and not integrated graphics?

Finally, definitely update the driver for the card to the latest. Although if I'm right about getting no display until the driver initializes that isn't going to solve the problem, but I'm admittedly guessing at this point.

What kind of monitor are you using? Are you by chance outputting to a TV? Can you try a different port on the monitor (or tv)?