Question No Splash Screen/Bios Options on Boot

Apr 17, 2019
Hello,
So, instead of getting my mobo's splash screen with the option to go to Bios (press "del" to acess bios) I`m getting Nvidia - VGA Bios showing when I start my pc.

After that VGA Bios message disappear my screen goes pitch black like if there's no signal (until it goes to Windows screen) and if I press del I can enter Bios normally.

This started yesterday, I was playing and got a BSOD with the error "win32k.sys" then my pc wouldn't start and the Q-Code "0D" was showing on my motherboard.

I managed to make it work again resetting the cmos but still no splash screen when I start the system.

Then I updated my Bios to it's newest version, still no luck.

I've been searching for a fix the whole day, I tried these:

- Disabled Fast Boot
  • Resetting cmos pressing the buttom on my mobo rear panel
  • Resetting Bios to default pressing F5
  • Used only one ram module at time and on different slots
  • Tested with my old GPU
  • Changed hdmi cable, tried a different port as well (dvi)
  • Fresh windows 10 install on two different ssd
System is running stable, temps are fine, but since this change started with an error I'm panicking.

My config is:
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII
Ryzen 7 1800x
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Crucial SSD BX500

I REALLY hope someone helps me fixing this or at least take this out of my mind if it's a normal thing.

Sorry for my english, I'm not native speaker, hope you can understand me though.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You might be at a standstill where the only choice left is to do a completely fresh install. After backing up important files of course. Your other last option would be to enter BIOS or UEFI and check for splash screen logo if it's enabled or disabled. If you somehow can reach desktop make sure to run a virus scan because you shouldn't be missing important system files such as win32k.sys etc... Good luck!

Apr 17, 2019
Just found the problem. As a last resort I reseted my monitor to it's default. Turns out this option called "ASCR" was making my monitor lose signal right after the boot SO no splash screen :neutral:

Hey, Quarkzquarkz thanks for trying to help, I appreciate that :giggle:

TRENDING THREADS