No Super Street Fighter IV PC Thanks to Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
"...despite strong worldwide sales of the original non-Super release. Ono blamed piracy as the reason..." - so which one is it, strong sales or piracy?

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Thats too bad. I really enjoyed the PC version of SFIV. Hopefully they figure something out and release it before it becomes irrelevant.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]darkerson[/nom]Thats too bad. I really enjoyed the PC version of SFIV. Hopefully they figure something out and release it before it becomes irrelevant.[/citation]
dont worry, the arcade version will be released and hacked, and available for download via torrent

it's their loss in the end. stupid logic, stupid business practices.

i wonder when they'll realize there is no correlation between piracy and sales... NOBODY has proof that if someone is unable to pirate something, they will buy it... what retarded logic

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
hmm.. if i want this game it would be either ps3 or xbox.. fallout3 dragon age are the one belongs to pc.
therefore i dont really care

Graham_71

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i wonder when they'll realize there is no correlation between piracy and sales... NOBODY has proof that if someone is unable to pirate something, they will buy it... what retarded logic[/citation]

so true

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]dont worry, the arcade version will be released and hacked, and available for download via torrentit's their loss in the end. stupid logic, stupid business practices.i wonder when they'll realize there is no correlation between piracy and sales... NOBODY has proof that if someone is unable to pirate something, they will buy it... what retarded logic[/citation]

if they have no choice they will buy it, so u don't understand this simple but "stupid" logic?

Pirates has killed a lot of good company, look at Sega and their Dreamcast, it was a really good console, it has really great games, but once some jackass found the "simple" way, put 3 lines of machine code to tell the system OS to just "skip this part, execute the files directly", Dreamcast's game sales totally disappeared and it ultimately killed the system. it was partly Sega's fault to let a big bug in the system software like this. but still in the end, it was killed by piracy.

so don't give me crap like there is no connection between piracy and sales.

The Dreamcast and Saturn before it were more victims of Sony's underhand sales tactics than piracy.

idlerp

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]mousemonkey[/nom]The Dreamcast and Saturn before it were more victims of Sony's underhand sales tactics than piracy.[/citation]

Exactly, as soon as PS2's release date was announced, Dreamcast sales dropped like a rock in all regions. To add to that, the public and developers felt betrayed by Sega dumping support for the Saturn. Dreamcast was marked for death long before the GD-ROM boot loaders came out. In fact, they're the only thing that has kept it alive, companies are still releasing games for it.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Even if they distributed their content via steam, you can still buy the game from a shop with a CD, and it will still be protected by Steam's content protection because of the single use code.

Well i think it works like that anyway..

jdubsbooth

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]if they have no choice they will buy it, so u don't understand this simple but "stupid" logic? Pirates has killed a lot of good company, look at Sega and their Dreamcast, it was a really good console, it has really great games, but once some jackass found the "simple" way, put 3 lines of machine code to tell the system OS to just "skip this part, execute the files directly", Dreamcast's game sales totally disappeared and it ultimately killed the system. it was partly Sega's fault to let a big bug in the system software like this. but still in the end, it was killed by piracy. so don't give me crap like there is no connection between piracy and sales.[/citation]

I think he was implying that pirates simply won't get the game if they have to pay.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation]Ono said that would be unfair to PC gamers who don't have access to those digital outlets or means to purchase content online."[/citation]

Q_Q, this is 2010. I don't think anyone should be calling themselves a PC Gamer if they don't have something simple as $15 a month DSL for broadband access online.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I really wish developers would quit playing the piracy card. All they are accomplishing by not making a PC version of a game is losing the sales revenue from all the gamers that planned on actually buying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.