No Surprises Here, But Crysis 2 Looks Best on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
PC is always going to be Number one when it come down to playing Crysis 2. For those that have console system beware that you're better of having a Gaming PC when playing a game like this.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
PC will rule the Graphics market forever, and there is no console that will ever be developed that can match the raw computing power that PC owners such as us seek out through upgrades.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I'm glad they're also developing for the consoles. I'm a PC gamer but by doing the whole console thing they will hopefully code the game better than the first one since the consoles don't have that much power as a modern gaming Pc has.

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
You have to keep in mind the amount of money that has to be spent on a PC to make this game shine as it is. Compare this to the $300 price tag of a console (360).

That $300 will only give you a video card, if that, to run this game proper on very high settings. I game on both console and PC, so it is sometimes hard to pick which one I am going to buy a game for.

But Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2, PC all the way.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Hopefully the live link feature is something that's included in the public mod kit. I've seen a few games use it so far, and it's by far the best feature ever created for the modding community.

May be It'll come free with two gtx 480's in a special edition sli box coz that much will be required to run it at its best visual settings.. Some optimistic post above suggesting it might get better coded this time.. Hopefully that means It'll run better on my 4870 than the previous installations..

welshmousepk

Distinguished
[citation][nom]emperus[/nom]May be It'll come free with two gtx 480's in a special edition sli box coz that much will be required to run it at its best visual settings.. Some optimistic post above suggesting it might get better coded this time.. Hopefully that means It'll run better on my 4870 than the previous installations..[/citation]

yes it is better coding. else they wouldn't have it running on consoles.
but a 4870 is not a high-end card anymore, so don't expect much.

jsm6746

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
the consoles are really starting to show their age... and they are, imho, holding back the industry as a whole... and this whole motion peripheral thing is taking it in the complete wrong direction... *sigh*

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Not to make a scene here, but just out of curiousity... When has it ever been true that the PC game looks worse then the console games?

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]yes it is better coding. else they wouldn't have it running on consoles. but a 4870 is not a high-end card anymore, so don't expect much.[/citation]
If the consoles can run it, I'm sure that a 4870 should be able to run it just fine...

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]yes it is better coding. else they wouldn't have it running on consoles. but a 4870 is not a high-end card anymore, so don't expect much.[/citation]
If the consoles can run it, I'm sure that a 4870 should be able to run it just fine...

Zenthar

Distinguished
I don't want to be rude, but I'm getting a bit tired of the PC vs console comparison. IMO, it's like comparing PC's raw CPU power to a multi-node cluster's or comparing an SSD performance to some RAM based drive.

For most of what you look at, there will be something better ... for a price. Which one is the best bang for the buck, THAT might be a worthy (but flamable) topic.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
If they want realism they might want to stop making that exagerated highly bright fire coming out from a shooting gun. Anyone who's shot a gun in daylight knows most of times all you see is smoke coming out of the gun. That applies to other games as well.

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
I am sure my PC will run it at highest settings. My HD 4870x2 OC should handle it just fine as it still is able to keep pace with the big boys in directX 10. My i7 930 OCed to 4.2Ghz should chew this game apart as well as the 12GB DDR3 1800Mhz so no not worried at all. :)

Oh & a ATI 4870 only has what 80% more horsepower than the 360 GPU so yea it should run it fine. If i am off on how much more horse power the 4870 has over the 360 & PS3 GPU's please stated what the number actually is.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]PC will rule the Graphics market forever, and there is no console that will ever be developed that can match the raw computing power that PC owners such as us seek out through upgrades.[/citation]

See, that's the thing. Just like super expensive PC builds, right at launch the 360 was totally nuking anything a PC could do. It's a triple core with hyper-threading and basically an x1950~ish graphics card. My computer back then was a 3200+ single core CPU and a 6600GT which I had built for about $1000 in the summer the year it came out.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Yes, Crysis looks better on PC.... if and only if you are rich.

Playing Crysis at high settings on PC requires at least a HD5970 which is far more expensive than XBOX360 or PS3.
Crysis%208xAA.png

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
[citation][nom]andy5174[/nom]Yes, Crysis looks better on PC.... if and only if you are rich.Playing Crysis at high settings on PC requires at least a HD5970 which is far more expensive than XBOX360 or PS3.[/citation]

A 5870 is $400-$500 and it turns the PC into a gaming rig that plays Crysis at a plenty playable frame rate unless you are on a crazy high-res monitor. Oh, and that is with 8X AA - how many people actually play at 8x AA. It's DEFINITELY a price premium over console, but it's also a premium experience - what would you expect? Assuming you already own a good PC (which most PC gamers will, regardless) a graphics card is not that much more than a console. For many people, it is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS