No T2 movies on XP

Evening

I'm betting this has been asked before so feel free to point me to a FAQ.

I recently installed Thief 2 on my XP Pro PC and it plays but I don't get to
see any of the between-level movies. What's the crack?

TIA

JJ (UK)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:42:39 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" <spam@hole.in.the.ground>
wrote:

>Evening
>
>I'm betting this has been asked before so feel free to point me to a FAQ.
>
>I recently installed Thief 2 on my XP Pro PC and it plays but I don't get to
>see any of the between-level movies. What's the crack?

Your Indeo movie codecs are messed up.
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#movies

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

rms wrote:
>>Your Indeo movie codecs are messed up.
>>http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#movies
>

> Another wierd one is that on one of my installs it would just skip over
> one of the later videos. Luckily they are all .avi files you can play
> yourself, just look in the Thief dir.
>
> rms

I seem to recall that there was a bug that affected some non-US versions
(maybe just the UK version). I believe the patch corrupted one of the
cutscenes. I don't think I recall it causing the cutscene to be skipped,
though. It seems like it caused playback to freeze -- the video at
least. The audio continued, if I recall correctly.

I suppose it is possible, especially if you have a non-US version, that
this is the cause of your problem. Someone released a patch to fix it
(it just patched the file to make it identical to the US version, I think).

-Kevin