No Team Deathmatch for Diablo III, but Dueling Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]Wait, people still play this game?[/citation]
Looks like three or four are waiting for pvp, the rest doesn't care much anymore. /sarcasm

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
PvE first kind of game where they don't sacrifice player abilities for the sake of PvP balance? Could Blizzard finally be learning from the mistakes made in WoW?

steve360

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
"...the Diablo 3 we have right now is the Diablo 3 we want."

Jay Wilson interview at Spike Video Game Awards, Dec 2012.

You couldn't have a better person to butcher a once revered gaming franchise.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
im sorry, but i just dont understnad the point to pvp in games like this

what is the reward?
do you drop your loot?
do you get massive xp?

i just dont understand why people care so much about pvp when the game wasnt built with it from the ground up.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]im sorry, but i just dont understnad the point to pvp in games like thiswhat is the reward? do you drop your loot?do you get massive xp?i just dont understand why people care so much about pvp when the game wasnt built with it from the ground up.[/citation]

If you didn't play D1 or D2 pvp then you wont really understand.

When D3 was in development people were in a nostalgic trance, remembering over a decade back when they had a freaking blast pvping in Diablo 2. Mods and custom maps plus the chance of losing your gear when/if you get killed.

The thrill of wondering around not knowing if someone was around the corner waiting to get the jump on you was great.

That said, D3 will never be like that, there's no modding to fix the tons of errors Blizzard made and the AH ruined everything else.

They've nerfed and pussified the game so much that it's essentially WoW on a PVE server wearing a 5 point safety harness. The game is a joke, but I did enjoy playing through it once, I had no desire to play a second time.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Slomoshun[/nom]If you didn't play D1 or D2 pvp then you wont really understand. When D3 was in development people were in a nostalgic trance, remembering over a decade back when they had a freaking blast pvping in Diablo 2. Mods and custom maps plus the chance of losing your gear when/if you get killed. The thrill of wondering around not knowing if someone was around the corner waiting to get the jump on you was great. That said, D3 will never be like that, there's no modding to fix the tons of errors Blizzard made and the AH ruined everything else. They've nerfed and pussified the game so much that it's essentially WoW on a PVE server wearing a 5 point safety harness. The game is a joke, but I did enjoy playing through it once, I had no desire to play a second time.[/citation]

i played 1 but never beat it, i played 2 to the point that i was level 99
but i never once really fealt like i wanted to pvp once.

so yea i probably just dont get why so many people pvp was a must have.

sure, if the game was from the ground up a total pvp affair, yea, i could see wanting to do that.

but pvp in a pve game just never works well.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
A lot of indie game developers and small game companies don't have the resources for a PR expert. Instead, their programmers, artists, and managers take time out of their work or spare time to make videos, to write development blogs, and answer any questions for the players. Blizzard has an entire PR department with many people. Despite all this, we have been hearing very little from them. Seven months after the game has been released, we finally hear that they have scrapped their original plans for pvp. Prior to this, there was no information at all as to what the status of PvP is, and what direction it's heading. I was under the impression that PvP was about to be released soon, and when I saw that there was a PvP blog, I was thrilled. How surprised I was after reading the PvP blog...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This feature is coming way too late and it's one that certainly isn't even going to impact the quality of the game any.

[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]I'm playing torchlight 2 right now with my wife. Got it for $10 from steam and I can LAN it.[/citation]

You found yourself a good wife.

Hunter_Killers

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2003
The joke is they stated PvP balance was being disregarded. Everyone knew how it would be and wanted it anyways. Now they're backpedaling away from it and trying to use balance as the reason. Dueling isn't going to be any more balanced than TDM, sounds like someone derped. I'm starting to think they want to kill off their new games. They aren't even tried to make SC2 the "e-sport" they planned it out to be either. You wouldn't even know there was a tournament going on without going to some other website. The game client is completely useless compared to LoL/DotA2.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]im sorry, but i just dont understnad the point to pvp in games like thiswhat is the reward? do you drop your loot?do you get massive xp?i just dont understand why people care so much about pvp when the game wasnt built with it from the ground up.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Slomoshun[/nom]If you didn't play D1 or D2 pvp then you wont really understand. When D3 was in development people were in a nostalgic trance, remembering over a decade back when they had a freaking blast pvping in Diablo 2. Mods and custom maps plus the chance of losing your gear when/if you get killed. The thrill of wondering around not knowing if someone was around the corner waiting to get the jump on you was great. That said, D3 will never be like that, there's no modding to fix the tons of errors Blizzard made and the AH ruined everything else. They've nerfed and pussified the game so much that it's essentially WoW on a PVE server wearing a 5 point safety harness. The game is a joke, but I did enjoy playing through it once, I had no desire to play a second time.[/citation]

Because they enjoy doing it? That used to be what games were played for. Not an achievement bar or other flashy popups telling you how amazing you are every 5 seconds. Everything doesn't need a reward tied to it. Those that enjoyed D2 PvP are STILL playing D2 and PvP'ing. They don't care about D3. This has nothing to do with nostalgia or whatever other garbage term you want.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Hunter_Killers[/nom]Because they enjoy doing it? That used to be what games were played for. Not an achievement bar or other flashy popups telling you how amazing you are every 5 seconds. Everything doesn't need a reward tied to it. Those that enjoyed D2 PvP are STILL playing D2 and PvP'ing. They don't care about D3. This has nothing to do with nostalgia or whatever other garbage term you want.[/citation]

So, from what you said, no HC D2 fans were looking forward to D3's PVP system?
Funny, because I'm a HC D2 PVPer and I was very much looking forward to a fresh/current Diablo to PVP with.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i played 1 but never beat it, i played 2 to the point that i was level 99but i never once really fealt like i wanted to pvp once. so yea i probably just dont get why so many people pvp was a must have.sure, if the game was from the ground up a total pvp affair, yea, i could see wanting to do that. but pvp in a pve game just never works well.[/citation]

Well you just answered your own question. You didn't experience D2's pvp so you can't begin to imagine the fun we had with it.

A lot of fans were looking forward to an updated Diablo for PVP, sadly we got a candy ass SP/CO RPG that looks like it was made for console gaming.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Diablo 3 looked like it was going to be a really great game but I'm glad I held off on buying it. maybe when pvp comes out I'll buy a copy but until then I really have no interest in this game.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i played 1 but never beat it, i played 2 to the point that i was level 99but i never once really fealt like i wanted to pvp once. so yea i probably just dont get why so many people pvp was a must have.sure, if the game was from the ground up a total pvp affair, yea, i could see wanting to do that. but pvp in a pve game just never works well.[/citation]

You sir, are the reason Blizzard fails. Not because you do anything wrong, but because the current Blizzard is trying to make every part of their games appeal to everyone, this usually makes the games just boring.

It does not matter if the PvP -mode isn't for everyone, it does not matter if there is no perfect balance, what matters is that it is there. After WoW, Blizzard games have felt more like going to work (grind through your day) than like going to a theme park ( have to be patient sometimes, but big fun when the ride starts ).

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I haven't touched D3 in months, hell it's not even installed on my computer anymore. I played through beat the game with one character then started playing it again on a harder difficulty after a few runs just ended up not logging in anymore it's really just really boring. The auction house is partly to blame for it in my imo, Blizzard dropped the ball this time in regards with D3.

Hunter_Killers

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2003
[citation][nom]Slomoshun[/nom]So, from what you said, no HC D2 fans were looking forward to D3's PVP system? .Funny, because I'm a HC D2 PVPer and I was very much looking forward to a fresh/current Diablo to PVP with.[/citation]

I'm saying following this announcing nobody is going to. One of the highlights that will never be added to D3 was hostility and being able to just murder everyone in a Baal bot run at random.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Bloob[/nom]You sir, are the reason Blizzard fails. Not because you do anything wrong, but because the current Blizzard is trying to make every part of their games appeal to everyone, this usually makes the games just boring.It does not matter if the PvP -mode isn't for everyone, it does not matter if there is no perfect balance, what matters is that it is there. After WoW, Blizzard games have felt more like going to work (grind through your day) than like going to a theme park ( have to be patient sometimes, but big fun when the ride starts ).[/citation]

VERY, VERY well put my friend. I know we just met but I hope we can be friends. Facebook me, we'll have coffee and a baked potato.

f-14

Distinguished
too little too late the game has been branded as shit.

thanks blizzard for the forced diaper/potty training/training wheels, thanks for the drm, thanks for the online connection to play required, thanks for the hackers, thanks for the scammers, thanks for the spam, thanks for the servers being down for days at a time or when ever i had a chance to play.

the cloud and all online gaming can go F' Off!

i will only BUY games that do not require any of this b.s. or that have hacks to remove all of that and are pirateable from now on as i am not paying for b.s. features such as this ever again!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Hunter_Killers[/nom]The joke is they stated PvP balance was being disregarded. Everyone knew how it would be and wanted it anyways. Now they're backpedaling away from it and trying to use balance as the reason. Dueling isn't going to be any more balanced than TDM, sounds like someone derped. I'm starting to think they want to kill off their new games. They aren't even tried to make SC2 the "e-sport" they planned it out to be either. You wouldn't even know there was a tournament going on without going to some other website. The game client is completely useless compared to LoL/DotA2.Because they enjoy doing it? That used to be what games were played for. Not an achievement bar or other flashy popups telling you how amazing you are every 5 seconds. Everything doesn't need a reward tied to it. Those that enjoyed D2 PvP are STILL playing D2 and PvP'ing. They don't care about D3. This has nothing to do with nostalgia or whatever other garbage term you want.[/citation]

achevement bars? really... here is what i need
loot to not be the best i can get, and something challangeing to kill
there, all the motovation i need to play a game.

you want to go just killing eachother for the sake of killing with no reward at all...
there are games for that
quake arena, unreal tournament.

but i dont like that style of winning for the sake of winning, i like having that one thing to reach for. in a fps like battlefield 3, what i reach for is more weapons and upgrades, and the long term goal of getting to higher and higher levels.

bad company 2, the only reason i put that game down was i achieved everything reward wise in the game, that kept me playing long after the fun of just playing the game wore off.

at least the way i see it, pvp in a game not built ground up for pvp is like playing final fantacy one and only playing with 1 white mage.

[citation][nom]Bloob[/nom]You sir, are the reason Blizzard fails. Not because you do anything wrong, but because the current Blizzard is trying to make every part of their games appeal to everyone, this usually makes the games just boring.It does not matter if the PvP -mode isn't for everyone, it does not matter if there is no perfect balance, what matters is that it is there. After WoW, Blizzard games have felt more like going to work (grind through your day) than like going to a theme park ( have to be patient sometimes, but big fun when the ride starts ).[/citation]

no, if they put the pvp in the game, than they would be trying to get everyone
what they did was try to make a freemeium mmo,
blizzard has been making wow for how many years?
they based the game off everquest, and made it easier for everyone t get into
they than developed it for so damn long the only people left at that company don't know how to design games that arent mmos

the cash shop and the actuon house, aren't bad outright. they are there to combat a problem that has been in these games sense day 1, the people who sell crap for real money.

because they focused so much on that one problem, they made it online only. i really don't believe it was made for drm purposes, but it is drm, i believe it was made to secure the auction house.

because they cared about that to damn much the rest of the game suffered horrifically.

now keep in mind, how they made everything, you cant screw a character up to the point you have to re make it correct, that took a crap ton of the fun out of the game from the get go.

if you want to blame someone for ruining blizzard, it was themselves after they made wow, no one there knows how to make a non mmo game anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.