No upload speed fiber optic internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2018
I have incredibly slow upload speed only on one PC. I'm not sure the most relevant info to post. I've tried downloading all of the drivers for my motherboard. I have fiber internet. I am quoted 150 up and down. On other computers I can get that. I have an MSI Z360 gaming M5 (MS-7B58) I usually get less than 1 mbps.

I downloaded the killer control center and new drivers and still see these speeds. I'm mostly concerned because my connection to WoW is very unreliable and I have random drops in connection while the wife seems to be doing fine.

Edit** Wired connection 3 feet from my router. The wife is wired and 10 feet from the router.

Reactions: najdGG
Nov 2, 2018

I called my ISP and they had me run some tests. They insist it's something with this computer in particular. My download ping and are pretty normal.

I know it's probably a nuisance but can you move temporarily to the ethernet socket you use? It has the same upload speed it is definitely your PC.

Before going to all that trouble, turn off your Firewall for just long enough to run the test.

Which speed test site did you use? Does it offer more than one server. My local one is useless but I get good speeds throough a server fifity miles away.

Nov 2, 2018

I've tried several different versions and servers. All of the speedtest.net variety and of the frontier.speedtest.net. I've tried firewall and no luck. When you say a new socket are you saying swap the ports on the router for my cord and hers? Or i need to get a new NIC to replace the ethernet socket in my motherboard?

Nov 2, 2018

Have a NIC on the way will swap ports and let you know if any of these work.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from launce.92 : "No upload speed fiber optic internet."

Status
Not open for further replies.