[SOLVED] No USB Devices Found (Boots to BIOS) and SPDIF Out pin broken

May 3, 2020
So I have a couple of issues here that occured during installation of a cooler master addressable RGB controller yesterday to use with the fans on my new case. After installing and connecting everything up, I was glad to see the RGB colors on the fans finally light up, but soon the fun was over as I was met with a screen saying, "no usb devices were found: 0 drive, 0 keyboard, 0 mouse, 0 hub", and the machine boots into the BIOS. I tried defaulting the BIOS as recommended online, but that did nothing. I also had trouble connecting the spdif out header, which came loose by accident and on of the pins snapped, as it was quite fragile from an issue a few years back.

Firstly, has anyone got any clue what I messed up on here to cause this. I tried putting all the connections back as normal but still no usb devices were found. This was all working fine moments and only started when installing that controller!

Secondly I'm assuming I can solder a new pin head back on? I really don't want to have to buy a new motherboard.

Thanks,

Sean

Solution
Well it turns out my SSD had become disconnected which had my OS on it. As soon as I plugged it back in everything started up as normal. I don't think I really need to fix the spdif out pin so will probably leave it.🆒

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, have you tried removing the ARGB LED controller(+all other fans) that you plugged in, to rule out a faulty connection?

Secondly I'm assuming I can solder a new pin head back on?
If you don't know how to, you can damage the board not just the connector you want to solder to. If you know how to do it, then this point is better not read at all :)

May 3, 2020
I haven't soldered in years but I think I still remember how to do it lol. Used to do for fixing synthesizer connections.

Ya I removed all connections to it... Actually I didn't completely remove everything come to think of it. All I left in was the ARGB connection and sata power. Maybe I'll try without these after.

My hardware is as follows,
  • Intel i7 4790k CPU,
  • Asus z97-k motherboard,
  • 2 x Kingston 4GB DDR3,
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER Windfoce 4GB GPU,
  • Seasonic 650w PSU,
  • Windows 8.1,
  • Samsung 500GB SSD,
  • Samsung 1TB HDD

May 3, 2020
Well it turns out my SSD had become disconnected which had my OS on it. As soon as I plugged it back in everything started up as normal. I don't think I really need to fix the spdif out pin so will probably leave it.🆒

Solution

TRENDING THREADS