[SOLVED] No USB, no image after installing pars

woutervg97

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
So a little while ago I bought a new PC to replace my 5 year old junkyard. Initally I wanted to use a few new parts and use my old PC for the most, but It seemed wiser to choose a new PC built by smarter people than me.

Since it had an integrated graphics card I thought I'd install my old Nividia GTX 970 GPU. For that I'd also have to install the powersupply from my old PC (600W instead of the 200W). I also added my old harddrive just for the heck of it.

I was pretty proud when I turned it back on; Lights were working, fans were running and everything seemed to be powered. When I connected it to the VGA cable (which I inserted firstly in the motherboard entry), I noticed I had no screen nor USB power coming through to my keyboard and mouse. I plugged the VGA cable (with an HDMI converter) into the GPU, but same result.

I eventually decided to remove the GPU. But same result. I decided to follow the advice of the internet and reset the CMOS by removing the battery overnight along withall other power cables. No results.

I don't hear a beeping like I used to hear when the PC would power up. Nothing on screen and no power to any of the USB ports.

Specs PC:
Cpu: ryzen 3 2200
Gpu: AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 and I added GTX970
Power supply: Coolermaster 600W (used to be a 200W)
RAM: 8G
Harddrive: 1tb harddrive and added 2tb harddrive

I'm out of things to do here, please help a poor man out!

Solution
Activate the CMOS reset jumper. If that does't work just return it as something is wrong. And since you are swapping out parts anyway, you might be better off building your own.

woutervg97

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
I'm sorry if I get this wrong. Not that much of a technician. I believe are talking about the CPU? That one has already worked previously on this motherboard for some time. Also, I wouldnt know how to update a BIOS

woutervg97

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
You mean with only the old parts? I've tested it with all the new parts disconnected (except for the power supply of course). You think I should put in the old supplier and take out my new parts?

woutervg97

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
There is power to the motherboard, how come the USB ports are not powering? Could it have something to do with the harddrives? I did not format them before I put them in this PC, maybe that affects the drivers? Does it need drivers at all to start up devices and image?