Question No usb working / no video after installing new motherboard

Mar 26, 2019
So i am a noobie when it comes to building etc. But i thought i knew enough to replace the broken motherboard in the pc of my parents. All the components were working and i only replaced the motherboard (aSrock 970 pro 3 R2.0)
After i installed everything the fans started spinning (from the cpu cooler and also gpu fans) and the lights turned on but i got no power from all the usb ports and got a black screen.

I need some help and i kinda dont know where to start. I looked at some troubleshoot pages but couldnt really find the problem

Ryan_354

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
so it won't post? if it does, check bios for any usb settings. my mobo has usb power and data enable/disable settings.

Also, remeber, with many AMD chipsets, first boot takes forever, usually it takes 2 to 5 miutes to initialize everything. after that, it should work.
so turn it on with everything connected and leave it for a few minutes

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019
so it won't post? if it does, check bios for any usb settings. my mobo has usb power and data enable/disable settings.

Also, remeber, with many AMD chipsets, first boot takes forever, usually it takes 2 to 5 miutes to initialize everything. after that, it should work.
[/QUO

No it wont post. I will try waiting a bit

Mar 26, 2019

Okay so i tried this and still no usb works and no screen

Mar 26, 2019
recheck all your wiring and made sure you did not bent pins on the cpu when you did install it on this board also was the older board same model as this one .
I checked all pins and they were okay. Now there is one thing i noticed that a tiny bit of the reapllied thermal paste got over the edges i dont know how bad this is?

Mar 26, 2019
Please any other tips? I tried to connect the Psu of my own computer and i still didnt work. I also changed up the ram stick places( using only 1 in different places too). And did some basic troubleshooting but i cant seem to find the problem. I kinda have a feeling its the cpu or something with the the case that might cause a problem.