Question No vídeo after gaming in RTX 3060 Asus Dual OC 12gb

Jan 2, 2023
Hello everyone, everything good?
I have a problem with an Asus RTX 3060 model dual oc 12gb https://www.asus.com/br/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/dual/dual-rtx3060-o12g/ that I bought used and noticed in the first days that I tested it, it lost video on RDR2, but only once, a few days passed and I lost it again on horizon zero dawn
View: https://youtu.be/qvYMuE-48SQ

After a few days I took the gpu to the house of a friend of mine who is a technician, he tested the card for 1 hour or so, tested it in the superposition benchmark, at 8k (to use the vram more) and at 720p (for more fps) and it didn't crash, tested warzone 2 in the extreme and nothing was a problem, when I went back and put it on my pc again, as soon as I did the test, it stopped showing video. His pc is an r5 5600, a320m biostar, 16gb and the source is a corsair cx 750w.
With this last info, I considered it to be my source that can't handle it, but searching the internet I saw that it gives and more than 550w from mine. I tested my gtx 1060 5gb (yes, 5gb) in the same superposition and it didn't crash. At the moment I had 2 hypotheses, either my highest load source is not holding it, and when my 3060 reaches peak consumption it can't handle it and stops giving video, or the gpu really has a problem but it was lucky that it didn't show up on the pc his. Today I found out what it is, apparently it is the hdmi input on the board, what I did was, a friend of mine had a displayport cable and he passed it to me, the 3 dp inputs on the gpu worked normally, then I took an hdmi cable from a friend of mine that he uses on his 3060, the same model as mine, and with it the pc works normally, I tested it here and it lost video, I went and decided to test it on the tv in the living room (in case it is the monitor) and in the first test, it didn't lose video, in the second lost. I'm using it now through displayport and with 2 monitors, and the secondary one has a displayport adapter too, working normally, just the hdmi that lost video. If I disconnect and reconnect the cable, the video comes back normally, nothing crashes, even if I have a game open, I just lose the video and if I reconnect the cable, it comes back. Could it be some bad contact? I even lost video once during an RDR2 gameplay, and I listened to the audio normally, nothing crashed, I just lose video.

I've tested it through Superposition Benchmark and FurMark
Motherboard: B450m Steel Legend Asrock
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: GTE V2 RGB DeepCool
RAM: 2 x 16 3200mhz NETAC Shadow II
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550W 80 plus Bronze
Disks: 1 nvme 1 tb xpg 50 lite + 1 hd 1tb WD 5400rpm
VGA: RTX 3060 12GB Oc dual ASUS

Overclock CPU/RAM:
VGA overclock: No

Operating system: Windows 11 22H2 22621.963
Drivers: 527.56
BIOS Version: 94.06.25.00.B6

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build and what did it power before you dropped in the RTX3060? In fact, how long did it power the prior discrete GPU in your build(if you had one prior to the RTX3060)?

A GTX1060 doesn't have the same power draw as anRTX3060.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Reactions: Blazutti
Jan 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build and what did it power before you dropped in the RTX3060? In fact, how long did it power the prior discrete GPU in your build(if you had one prior to the RTX3060)?

A GTX1060 doesn't have the same power draw as anRTX3060.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

My PSU is 2 years old, it was one of the first parts on the pc, first it powered gtx 750ti (for 1 year and a half), last year at the beginning, I switched to the GTX 1060, and at the end of the year I got the 3060
Bios version of b450m: P4.60