[SOLVED] No Video and Endless Boot Loop on Ryzen 2700x, Gigabyte x470, GTX1060

ShredAgain

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Okay, so I just finished my system upgrade to Ryzen+ and I've been playing around with my system for a couple hours. I decided to run a couple benchmarks and do some "gentle" overclocking on my 1060 6gb. I had it running well with 120% extra power limit at +150 core, +300 memory. And then I got cocky. I set it to +200 core, +350 memory, and started up Unigine Valley, only for it to instantaneously crash. So now my system won't post, and I have no video, as well as a VGA error light on. I have already attempted the following in troubleshooting:

Hard reset by holding power button, turning off power supply, unplugging cable from PSU, and holding power button again to drain the pent up electricity.

Clear CMOS by shorting CMOS header.

Clear CMOS by removing CMOS battery. Forgot to check for a CMOS battery charge.

Clear CMOS by doing both aforementioned methods at the same time.

Removed and reseated GPU.

Removed and reseated GPU in 8x slot instead of x16 slot.

Placed GPU in another system where it booted without problem and immediately started displaying 4k.

I seem to remember having a problem with this GPU in the past not liking ErP, which is turned on in the BIOS right now, but I can't get a post or picture in order to shut it off. Please help! I can't use my system I just spent 520 bucks upgrading.

CPU: RYZEN 7 2700X
MOBO: GIGABYTE AORUS X470 GAMING ULTRA REV1.0
RAM: V-COLOR SKYWALKER PRISM RGB DDR4-3000 2X8GB
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB SSC
PSU: COUGAR 1000W 80+BRONZE
DISKS: 240GB SANDISK SSD, 2X HITACHI DESKSTAR 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB

when you put your system together. did you do fresh windows install? if not you need to do that with the new hardware. just plugging in your old drives can cause issues. if you install win10 and you are still having problems then it is likely not a software issue