Question No video ASUS PRIME B250M-C - New Build

Nov 8, 2018
I'm not getting any video signal at all from this new build. I've tried every port on the video card. I've taken the card out and tried the HDMI, DVI, and even the VGA ports from the motherboard. I've tried moving the ram to each different slot. I'm out of ideas and I'm getting nothing. Any ideas? Here are the specs:

ASUS PRIME B250M-C
Intel Core i5-6500 Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 stick)
Asus GTX 1060 3GB Phoenix Edition

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes, I've done all of those. Sorry about the PSU. Forgot about that! It's a Corsair CX650M. Thank you!
So you've tried all of the steps in the guide, in which case try breadboarding the system, remove the MB from the case, and try and boot up with just the essentials, MB, PSU, CPU and Cooler, 1 stick of RAM and try and run on intergrated graphics.

i know you've tried integrated, but try it in a breadboarded system first.
Assuming you've also tried a different monitor?

lmacmil

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I'm not getting any video signal at all from this new build. I've tried every port on the video card. I've taken the card out and tried the HDMI, DVI, and even the VGA ports from the motherboard. I've tried moving the ram to each different slot. I'm out of ideas and I'm getting nothing. Any ideas? Here are the specs:

ASUS PRIME B250M-C
Intel Core i5-6500 Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 stick)
Asus GTX 1060 3GB Phoenix Edition
I recently discovered that a DIMM not fully seated will allow the system to come on but not display video. Took me a while to figure out my (self-induced) problem.