No video from motherboard output

GamingFamine

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
So I've just finished building my PC which outputs no video from the HDMI port but everything seems to be working properly. (Side note: HDD LED doesn't light up on case externals even with the right pin configuration) The build has the following:

NZXT S340 - Case

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 - GPU

AMD Athlon X4 950 3.5GHz ~ Bristol Ridge - CPU

400W Power Supply - PSU (cant find the model name)

Kingston HyperX Fury (8x1GB) - RAM (2400MHz)

WD5000BPVT 500GB - HDD (From a laptop that ran Windows 7)

Corsair MP500 120GB - M.2 SSD

and

ASRock AB350 PRO4 - Motherboard

(This is my first build) When I press the power button the lights come on and the fans spin up the GPU fans move a very small amount every minute or so. [strike]As soon as power starts my HDD makes three beeps in rapid succession[/strike] [Edit]: The BIOS beeper makes 4 beeps in rapid succession. First its three beeps followed by a very short pause then one more beep. Have also tried to boot without the GPU plugged in to no avail.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Your hard drive is beeping? I doubt it has anything that can make a beep. That is likely the motherboard BIOS beeper, 3 rapid beeps is an error code related to memory.

Try booting with only one ram stick installed. If it works, try using both sticks in slots 2 and 4 if you aren't already. If that doesn't work try 1 and 3.

GamingFamine

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

Only have one RAM stick at the moment updated the post with additional information

GamingFamine

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

Would disconnecting the HDD and attempting to run of the M.2 SSD be a good solution as I have no way to wipe the HDD as of yet. [EDIT]: The SSD is new out of the box so it should be clean