Question No Video Input after outage

Sep 6, 2019
Hey all. In a predicament here. First time posting my friend had me come here as a recommendation. Story is I had my pc turned on during a storm when a power outage occurred. I disconnected my computer from the wall after the first outage and when I went to reconnect the computer a couple hours later I now get a “no input detected” displayed on the monitor. Here are some of the things I’ve tried so far.

-Cycle my RAM

-Try one RAM stick at a time

-Reseat my GPU

-Place input into the GPU and then mobo (still same no display message)

-Hooked the PC to a TV (nothing shows up)

-Jump my mobo CMOS

-Remove and put back the CMOS battery

-Remove both monitor and PC cables from plugs and battery and wait a minute and hold down power button and then hook cables back and reboot

-Inspected my mobo for any abnormal lights or indications around the PC to suggest a problem (no extra lights at all)

-Observed all fans were running including GPU, CPU, and other case fans

-Monitor does boot and display MSI splash screen and does display the “no input detected” before going to sleep mode

-Connecting a console to monitor does work

-Only abnormality I observes was the USB drivers on the top of my tower do not charge my phone anymore or power on my mouse. However it does still light up the Corsair keyboard keys, which i thought was strange.

-PC has the same sounds and lights on as far as I am aware when it boots up. It just simply does not have any video input.

I believe that’s all I have done so far. Any other suggestions for me? I’m completely aware it might just be a faulty component , however, if someone has any ideas to isolate the problem that would help. I do not have a spare power supply hanging around or GPU to swap out. However, I do have a friend that probably would give a hand as he has computers that he builds himself. Sorry for the long text wall.

Case: Rosewill R5 black gaming ATX mid tower case
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX600 600W ATX 12V
Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 6 core 3.2 ghz
RAM: 2 x Corsair vengeance LPX 8 GB DDR 4
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch SATA III
Graphics: MSI Radeon R9 290 4 GB 512-bit GDDR5

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd probably invite your friend over for some pizza. You bring the Pizza and Soda/Beer. He brings the power supply and graphics card. I'd also suggest completing your computer testing BEFORE digging into the pizza.

Also, might be a good idea to list your complete system specs with model numbers:

Case:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Storage:
Graphics:
OS

-Wolf sends

Sep 6, 2019
I'd probably invite your friend over for some pizza. You bring the Pizza and Soda/Beer. He brings the power supply and graphics card. I'd also suggest completing your computer testing BEFORE digging into the pizza.

Also, might be a good idea to list your complete system specs with model numbers:

Case:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Storage:
Graphics:
OS

-Wolf sends

Thanks wolf. Sorry, i did feel like i was forgetting something. I updated my specs in my main post.