Question No video, no bios, no post, mobo has power, fans work, power led off, hdd blinks once after forced shutdown ?

Jan 30, 2023
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
CPU: AMD-FX8350
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 GTX
Psu: Tacens Valeo V 700W Plus silver

Hello, my computer was forced shutdown and i know that do it is not good for the PC but i didn't expect that the computer will not work after that TT😱😑😔

When i power on the computer it doesn't show anything on screen, the hdd led blinks one time and doesn't work again, power led is working, mobo is showing light(receives power), all fans working and hdd receives power too but the mobo doesn't do the POST.

I've tried removing the ram memory to check if the speaker works but but it doesn't beep.

Also i tried to power on the computer with only 1 ram stick and trying on diferent slots but doesn't work.

A very strange thing happens, the power led was working correcty but i tried removing the BIOS battery and clear CMOS and after doing that the HDD led blinks once when i power on the computer(this was happening since problem appeared) but the power led doesn't turn on O.O, i didn't touched the JFP1 connectors, only to be sure i verified the connectors and all wires was correctly connecteds.

I disconnected the AC wire, disconnected all the PSU wires from mobo and devices, removed the BIOS battery, hold power on button during 30sec more or les, leaving the computer with all disconnected during 5min aprox., connecting all again but the issue persists😓

I think that there are two things that can be happening:
  1. The mobo isn't working correctly because of the worn out due to time
  2. The PSU isn't working correctly and it isn't giving enough power to the MOBO and it can't work correctly
What do you think that can be happening to my poor PC? It's 7 years old but it has been very well cared

Tomorrow i will try to disassamble all the components, clean it properly and ensambling again only to be sure that the issue is not due to the dust(probably not but for now i don't have more hardware for test which component is failing)

Thanks a lot for your time and help :)

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
CPU: AMD-FX8350
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 GTX
Psu: Tacens Valeo V 700W Plus silver

Hello, my computer was forced shutdown and i know that do it is not good for the PC but i didn't expect that the computer will not work after that TT😱😑😔

When i power on the computer it doesn't show anything on screen, the hdd led blinks one time and doesn't work again, power led is working, mobo is showing light(receives power), all fans working and hdd receives power too but the mobo doesn't do the POST.

I've tried removing the ram memory to check if the speaker works but but it doesn't beep.

Also i tried to power on the computer with only 1 ram stick and trying on diferent slots but doesn't work.

A very strange thing happens, the power led was working correcty but i tried removing the BIOS battery and clear CMOS and after doing that the HDD led blinks once when i power on the computer(this was happening since problem appeared) but the power led doesn't turn on O.O, i didn't touched the JFP1 connectors, only to be sure i verified the connectors and all wires was correctly connecteds.

I disconnected the AC wire, disconnected all the PSU wires from mobo and devices, removed the BIOS battery, hold power on button during 30sec more or les, leaving the computer with all disconnected during 5min aprox., connecting all again but the issue persists😓

I think that there are two things that can be happening:
  1. The mobo isn't working correctly because of the worn out due to time
  2. The PSU isn't working correctly and it isn't giving enough power to the MOBO and it can't work correctly
What do you think that can be happening to my poor PC? It's 7 years old but it has been very well cared

Tomorrow i will try to disassamble all the components, clean it properly and ensambling again only to be sure that the issue is not due to the dust(probably not but for now i don't have more hardware for test which component is failing)

Thanks a lot for your time and help :)

The 7 year old PC, have you tried changing the BOARD battery?

Reactions: TruckDriver1
Jan 30, 2023
Hi, thanks for the answer, the cmos battery has been recently changed, finally i bought a new psu but the issue remains, i thought that the problem was the mobo so I've built a new PC to avoid buying a used mobo.

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt