Question No Video / No Boot. need help

GodofLamaS2

Prominent
May 1, 2019
I dont really know if it belongs here. Its a Hardware and Software Problem. But the Main Problem is the pc doesnt show any Video.

Heres what happened:
I messed up something in the BIOS setting and Windows could not boot. I tried to reset the bios settings. I did that but the Computer would not Show anything displayed. I looked it up online and didnt really find a soluton. I found out i need to reset the BIOS. So i did it manually. Now when i try to Boot the pc up theres a red light. (meaning is booting problems) I cant open the Bios . i cant do anything. I have no clue what to do (I took out HDD and SSD and cleaned everything from dust) I Tried it again with a USB stick for installing windows and it didnt work. (and im pretty sure thr BIOs settings resetted. The fans stopped or where running on low rpm (I disabled a stop) and the Motherboard leds got resetted.

Thanks for your help

mtracy1991

Reputable
What are your PC Specs?
Have you made sure the monitor is plugged in and all cables are snug; back of monitor and in back of GPU?

I'd suggest moving the GPU onto another PCIe slot and see if that current one it's in is defective or not.

GodofLamaS2

Prominent
May 1, 2019
What are your PC Specs?
Have you made sure the monitor is plugged in and all cables are snug; back of monitor and in back of GPU?

I'd suggest moving the GPU onto another PCIe slot and see if that current one it's in is defective or not.

Okay, thank you. And yes, everything is plugged in good and correctly My specs are:

Case: Fractal Define R6 Blackout Tempered Glass (Midi Tower)

Power supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 (550W)

Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ROG STRIX A8G-Gaming (8GB, High-end

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming WiFi rev. 1.0 (LGA 1151, Intel Z370, ATX)

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 (LGA 1151, 3.20GHz)

SSD:Samsung 860 EVO (250GB, M.2 2280)

Memory: HyperX Fury (4x, 4GB, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288)

Hard drive: WD Blue (4TB, 3.5", Desktop)

Monitors: 2x Samsung U28E590D (28", 3840 x 2160 Pixels)

Also, try using different combinations of RAM, first try only a single stick, and test each module separately. If the PC boots with a different RAM configuration, it could be a dead RAM module. Right now, when you turn on the PC, does the fan start spinning or does the LED turn on and nothing else happens? What about keyboard and mouse lights? Do they turn on?

Edit: Also, this is unlikely, but just try plugging a single monitor into the motherboard video port instead of the GPU, maybe the BIOS defaulted to the integrated graphics instead of PCI-E.

Reactions: GodofLamaS2

GodofLamaS2

Prominent
May 1, 2019
Right now, when you turn on the PC, does the fan start spinning or does the LED turn on and nothing else happens? What about keyboard and mouse lights? Do they turn on?
Yes. EVERY single fan led etc works. Keyboard to.

(il check the ram when im home)

(Edit: Grapiccard too. And theres like a red ''Warninglight'' on bottom right, meaning of it is; Currently no OS booting)

Last edited:
Yes. EVERY single fan led etc works. Keyboard to.

(il check the ram when im home)

(Edit: Grapiccard too. And theres like a red ''Warninglight'' on bottom right, meaning of it is; Currently no OS booting)
That could mean a hard drive problem. First and foremost, try plugging your boot drive(the one with the OS) into a different SATA port, if that doesn't work, try using a different SATA cable, both data and power ones.

GodofLamaS2

Prominent
May 1, 2019
It opens Bios now. But in bios theres no SSD or HDD shown as a a SSD or HDD.
Theres no data carrier

(And i found out why; i found them somewhere in the bios as Non-Raid physical disk)

GodofLamaS2

Prominent
May 1, 2019
I found my Problem in another threat;

any solutions? (What he wrote didnt work)