Question No video on any outputs

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
This morning when I woke up my computer could not read the audio on my HDMI. I restarted and got no signal. After significant troubleshooting I suspected a bad CMOS on the b350 motherboard. I bought a replacement b450 motherboard and I spent the better part of the day installing it and troubleshooting.

On reinstallation I’m back to the same issue.

I replaced the power supply, tried with and without RAM, tried HDMI and DVI input. I tried the inputs directly on the motherboard with no video card installed. I tried different RAM. I tried with and without the hard drive connected. I tried a different monitor . I’m running out of things to try.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Equipment: This is a Ryson7 1700 with ROG b450 (new) and b350 (previous) motherboards. 16 gigs viper RAM tested with all 4 sticks and with just one in DIMM1. Also tested with generic crucial 2 gig stick. Generic crucial ssds, evga and crucial 650watt PSUs. And I’ve tried it with the video card and with it removed running off motherboard outputs (both have support for HDMI and the b450 has a connection for DVI too; cables replaced or bought new). Was using a 32 inch tv, swapped to a HP w2207 monitor.

DSzymborski

Titan
It could very well be a video card problem. It's not surprising that you're not getting anything from the motherboard; these motherboards do not have integrated graphics and those ports only output video if you have an APU in there.

What's the GPU/PSU? Complete information is always important.

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
GPU is a Radeon RX 580 Armor 8G OC. PSUs are a Corsair tx650w model capsule-650tx(from an old build) and the evga 650gq (gold) that was running when the issue started. Currently not using the evga for troubleshooting. But I’m fairly sue my CPU has Radeon integrated graphics.

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
I think at this point, I'd remove as much from the equation as possible and go back to breadboarding.
To confirm that:

I can yank the ram, the hard drives, all peripherals except for the keyboard, all switches except for the power switch, and physically remove the CPU?
Why did you mark the question as solved? I'm assuming that everything's not working now and if so, marking it solved will result in fewer eyes looking here!
Fat fingers, tiny screen. I think I unmarked it. Was trying to upvote.

DSzymborski

Titan
To confirm that:

I can yank the ram, the hard drives, all peripherals except for the keyboard, all switches except for the power switch, and physically remove the CPU?

Fat fingers

I mean actually get it completely out of the case. Assuming everything's been done correctly, you've already eliminated most of the obvious problems.

https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=120814

I know only too well the perils of hot dog fingers, especially when dialing numbers.

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
I mean actually get it completely out of the case. Assuming everything's been done correctly, you've already eliminated most of the obvious problems.

https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=120814

I know only too well the perils of hot dog fingers, especially when dialing numbers.
All right. I set the b350 on the cardboard box, put the old 1 gig card on It and connected the molex to the card. No fanspin when I jumped the power switch with a Bobby pin. I am a little hesitant to do that with a brand new motherboard though And I’m wondering if replacing the motherboard hasn’t eliminated the B3 50 is being bad

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
3 beeps on speaker number 2. On every stick on RAM I have that’ll fit on the b450. Is it possible the problem is with dimm1? So, to recap: something blew the speaker in my chassis. I didn’t properly connect the speaker for the other chassis, lesson learned, but now that I have a beep code on a brand new motherboard it’s telling me every stick of RAM I own is as dead as a door nail.

Last edited:

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
This morning when I woke up my computer could not read the audio on my HDMI. I restarted and got no signal. After significant troubleshooting I suspected a bad CMOS on the b350 motherboard. I bought a replacement b450 motherboard and I spent the better part of the day installing it and troubleshooting.

On reinstallation I’m back to the same issue.

I replaced the power supply, tried with and without RAM, tried HDMI and DVI input. I tried the inputs directly on the motherboard with no video card installed. I tried different RAM. I tried with and without the hard drive connected. I tried a different monitor . I’m running out of things to try.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Equipment: This is a Ryson7 1700 with ROG b450 (new) and b350 (previous) motherboards. 16 gigs viper RAM tested with all 4 sticks and with just one in DIMM1. Also tested with generic crucial 2 gig stick. Generic crucial ssds, evga and crucial 650watt PSUs. And I’ve tried it with the video card and with it removed running off motherboard outputs (both have support for HDMI and the b450 has a connection for DVI too; cables replaced or bought new). Was using a 32 inch tv, swapped to a HP w2207 monitor.

No motherboard and CPU integrated graphics. How about using different external graphics? Any will do. If that didn't solve the problem, it'll be the CPU died (which is highly unlikely). If you have older version of ryzen or athlon, please stick it in and let me see.

If you haven't tested the graphics card yet, I recommend you to proceed with it. You can borrow from someone. And.. a spare ryzen or athlon will also be a help.

ALSO, 3 beeps means system memory issues. So please take action to it. Are you doing it the right way? please plug just 1 DDR4 RAM at a time. Watch out for the right slot.

Last edited:

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
a spare ryzen or athlon will also be a help.

ALSO, 3 beeps means system memory issues. So please take action to it. Are you doing it the right way? please plug just 1 DDR4 RAM at a time. Watch out for the right slot.
No such luck on another Compatible CPU; donor pc as an intel.

Done one DDR four at a time in dimma1 which is the socket closest to my CPU on any manuals that you look at for the b450 and b350. Tested with all the viper and the generics that fit. I don’t know what hit it but I am starting to wonder if my entire machine is GFG

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
No such luck on another Compatible CPU; donor pc as an intel.

Done one DDR four at a time in dimma1 which is the socket closest to my CPU on any manuals that you look at for the b450 and b350. Tested with all the viper and the generics that fit. I don’t know what hit it but I am starting to wonder if my entire machine is GFG

IDK, seems a huge array of problems right here. But can you confirm that you've tested it with a new/different video card that is known working? You have no onboard and cpu integrated graphics like we've said, you need one to test..

I have a computer that beeps 3, supposedly the memory, but it's really the video card that causes the issue. It was solved by using different GPU.

ANother question, you've already replaced the board with a new one right?

Last edited:

Tiggerz

Distinguished
May 23, 2013
IDK, seems a huge array of problems right here. But can you confirm that you've tested it with a new/different video card that is known working? You have no onboard and cpu integrated graphics like we've said, you need one to test..

I have a computer that beeps 3, supposedly the memory, but it's really the video card that causes the issue. It was solved by using different GPU.

ANother question, you've already replaced the board with a new one right?
Have replaced the board. The donor pc was set aside because it’s case was too big for previous space (have more room now) and it wasn’t old/slow. It’s card was working when it was put up. I can only confirm that I get three beeps regardless of the card that’s in the board. I had to...Do something to the CPU heat sink on the donor board to get the equipment out, so sticking it back in is probably wasted effort