[SOLVED] No video on boot issue

Jan 19, 2021
Machine built this weekend powers on fine and hums along if we leave it, but we get no video signal. Basically we worked backwards from the full system, removing more and more components till we had a skeleton system. No improvement.

The Debug LED tends to flash in order CPU > DRAM > VGA > BOOT and then sits on BOOT. The manual says: "These LEDs indicate the status of key components during booting process. When an
error is occurred, the corresponding LED stays lit until the problem is solved". As I understand it, since there is no windows, the BOOT LED should stay lit and send me to the BIOS.

Windows media is USB key.

Worked through the pinned post, have tested so far all steps to no avail. No suspicion of PSU so did not do last PSU test.

Plan for next steps is to again check the case IO connection (I feel unlikely since the machine powers on fine) and to build the system outside of the case (probably should have done this first before construction, in retrospect).

Have tried the ram in both single and dual slots, 1st and 3rd, 2nd and 4th, 1st only, and 2nd only. According to the manual (https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B86v4.0.pdf) they should be in slot 2 and 4

Tested all video outputs on mobo (dvi and vga) as well as HDMI on gpu
Run test with skeleton system with and without hdd
Removed battery from mobo while unplugged (5min) and held power switch (30sec) to reset CMOS

System:
-MSI PRO B450-A PRO MAX AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
-Fractal Design Define C Black Silent Compact ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
-Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive
-CORSAIR RMx Series RM650x 2018 CP-9020178-NA 650W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply
-ASUS DUAL AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT EVO OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 8GB GDDR6 memory, HDMI, DisplayPort, 1440p Gaming, Axial-tech Fan Design, Auto-Extreme, Metal Backplate) (DUAL-RX5700XT-O8G-EVO)
-CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
-AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000031BOX Desktop Processor

Not my first build, but it is my first AMD system. I hope I didn't overlook a compatibility issue!

Solution
first , upgrade your bios , there is some b450 mobo bios do not support ryzen 3000 , there is a way allow you to upgrade it without bios system user interface , should be in your mobo instruction guide and msi offical site

second , the vedio output on the mobo is not avail , coz the processor you got has no integrated graphic
Jan 13, 2021
first , upgrade your bios , there is some b450 mobo bios do not support ryzen 3000 , there is a way allow you to upgrade it without bios system user interface , should be in your mobo instruction guide and msi offical site

second , the vedio output on the mobo is not avail , coz the processor you got has no integrated graphic

Reactions: natatat
Solution
Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for the integrated graphics callout, I definitely missed that. Will continue to test with GPU.

Found the MSI Bios upgrade tool, thank you will give it a shot.

Appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS