NO Video on GA-7VTXE & AMD Athlon XP 2100+

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

WHAT I HAVE:
GA-7VTXE+ motherboard & a AMD Athlon XP 2100 CPU.

THE PROBLEM:
Will not boot to CMOS (I really can't tell because I get no video).

CONDITIONS:
I now have them out of the case on a table with only the power supply,
memory and video card installed.

PROBLEM:
The system starts up but I have no video.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
1. Different video cards
2. Different power supplies
3. Different memory

QUESTION:
The manual says to set up the dip switches for the CPU on CK_RATIO & CK_JP.
My motherboard doesn't have any switches on CK_RATIO and only one switch on
CK_JP.

I don't know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

"Tom" <holot@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> WHAT I HAVE:
> GA-7VTXE+ motherboard & a AMD Athlon XP 2100 CPU.
>
> THE PROBLEM:
> Will not boot to CMOS (I really can't tell because I get no video).
>
> CONDITIONS:
> I now have them out of the case on a table with only the power supply,
> memory and video card installed.
>
> PROBLEM:
> The system starts up but I have no video.
>
> WHAT I'VE TRIED:
> 1. Different video cards
> 2. Different power supplies
> 3. Different memory
>
> QUESTION:
> The manual says to set up the dip switches for the CPU on CK_RATIO &
> CK_JP. My motherboard doesn't have any switches on CK_RATIO and only one
> switch on CK_JP.
>
> I don't know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

The GA-7VTXE+ does not have a CK_RATIO switch. The CK_JP should be on
133MHz,
Unplug the power cord and reset the BIOS. Remove the battery if you have no
jumper. I didn't see one.

Double check you memory aginst the list in the manual.

Could be a bad board or CPU.

JPS

TRENDING THREADS