[SOLVED] No Video or Keyboard/Mouse with GPU installed

henryhall0315

Commendable
Jan 25, 2019
Hi, hope you guys can help me. Recently got a pc, GPU is an RX 580, CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600. Turned it on and got no picture, and have narrowed the problem down to my GPU. I put in another GPU, a GT 1030, and it works fine, everything is good. Problem seems to be with the RX 580. When the pc is powered on, the RX 580 will turn on and spin its fans for maybe three seconds, then stop, and I will get no video output and no keyboard and mouse power. The power light on the GPU will stay on, but nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks.

Solution
I mean the gpu bios, not the motherboard bios. There should be a small switch on the gpu, try flipping it while pc is off and see if anything happens.

have you tried different pcie slots?

Try installing both gpus, display on the GT 1030. If it boots and device manager shows the rx 580, then it may be a corrupted gpu bios. If it doesn’t post, then unfortunately the rx 580 is dead.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I mean the gpu bios, not the motherboard bios. There should be a small switch on the gpu, try flipping it while pc is off and see if anything happens.

have you tried different pcie slots?

Try installing both gpus, display on the GT 1030. If it boots and device manager shows the rx 580, then it may be a corrupted gpu bios. If it doesn’t post, then unfortunately the rx 580 is dead.

Solution

henryhall0315

Commendable
Jan 25, 2019
Unfortunately the switch did nothing. I'm unable to check by the other method as I only have one correctly sized pcie slot. I'm willing to bet it is just dead. Thanks for the help.