Question No video output after replacing PSU, CPU and RAM

Hurley0519

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2012
Hi,

I replaced some parts in my pc yesterday and now I can't get a video signal when I turn it on. I replaced the PSU, RAM, and CPU and now I don't get a signal on either of the two monitors I plug in. I don't get any beeps from the pc to indicate anything is wrong. I tried taking the GPU out and plugging it into the mobo and that didn't work. I tried putting rearranging the ram sticks and putting the old ram back in and that did nothing. I made sure the GPU was firmly in place and the cables are plugged in all the way. I took the CMOS battery out and put it back in and that didn't work. The only things I haven't tried are putting the old CPU back in or the old power supply back in. One thing I noticed that I don't know if it's part of the problem is now the light on the power button doesn't come on when I turn on the pc. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Amd ryzen 9 3900x cpu
Msi x470 gaming plus mobo
Rtx 2060 gpu
Corsair rmx 850 psu
Corsair vengeance pro ddr4 3600 MHz

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please parse a specs like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

with a before an after so we know what you had and what you migrated to?

Off the top of my head, can you recall what BIOS version you were on prior to the CPU upgrade? Also, did you make sure your BIOS was updated prior to the processor upgrade? Try with one stick of ram on slot A2. Speaking of ram, are you mixing and matching sticks of ram?

Hurley0519

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2012
CPU: before ryzen 5 2600, after ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard: X470 gaming plus
Ram: before Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz, after Corsair vengeance pro 2x16gb 3600mhz
Ssd: samsung 840 pro 128gb
Hdd: Toshiba x300 4tb
GPU: rtx 2060
PSU: before evga g3 550, after Corsair rmx 850
Chassis: fractal design focus g mid tower case
Monitor: Asus VG278QR

I tried using one stick of ram in the A2 slot and it didn't work. I'm also not mixing ram sticks. I didn't update the bios before I installed the new cpu and I'm not sure if it was up to date before I installed it. Since I can't get any picture on my monitors does that mean I have to reinstall the old cpu and update it assuming that fixes the problem of no display?

Hurley0519

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2012
Should also note that for some reason only my older monitor, an ASUS VS278 is displays any picture at first. Then the other monitor, the ASUS VG278QR after about five minutes is detected and displays the picture.

Hurley0519

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2012
Updating the bios then putting in the new cpu seemed to work, but now when it's starting up I get a blue screen error saying "boot drive inaccessible". I can get to the bios screen but I'm not sure what to do there.

Hurley0519

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2012
So I figured out that I can do a boot override in the bios settings that uses the ssd as the boot device, but now my problem is that I have to do that every time I turn on the PC. Does anyone know how to fix this?