Question No video output after the case took a bump ?

Jul 7, 2021
My PC randomly died after the case took a light bump from a chair. Both CPU and GPU have fanspin, and motherboard and case lights are on and functional. I've switched the RAM stick ordering, and I've changed the PCIE slot of the GPU, still no output. Frustrated and confused.

Here's a full part list as well: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MLFB9N

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should swap out that CV unit out for a more reliably built unit that has at least 650W or more of power for the entire system. The CV unit is just a relabelled VS unit, which isn't a good unit.

My PC randomly died after the case took a light bump from a chair. Both CPU and GPU have fanspin, and motherboard and case lights are on and functional. I've switched the RAM stick ordering, and I've changed the PCIE slot of the GPU, still no output. Frustrated and confused.

Here's a full part list as well: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MLFB9N
I'd power down and reseat everything....and cards....any plugs.....the memory....I wouldn't go as far as the CPU....yet anyway,....and then try it.

Jul 7, 2021
check the psu connection?
did you use standoff for the motherboard to case?

PSU only has one connection in, as the PSU to part connection is already done. If there was an issue with the PSU, wouldn‘t there be no lights/fanspin?

no, the motherboard is attached with 7 mobo screws onto the case.

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should swap out that CV unit out for a more reliably built unit that has at least 650W or more of power for the entire system. The CV unit is just a relabelled VS unit, which isn't a good unit.

I don’t have very much available money and no spare parts, I’d want to guarantee the PSU is the problem before making a purchase.

I'd power down and reseat everything....and cards....any plugs.....the memory....I wouldn't go as far as the CPU....yet anyway,....and then try it.

I’ve done the reseating of the GPU and RAM, I’ll go about unplugging and replugging stuff in a bit.

Jul 7, 2021
"I don’t have very much available money and no spare parts, I’d want to guarantee the PSU is the problem before making a purchase. "
You could check voltages with a meter.
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158
It's not a load test....but it can pick up a bad PSU if the voltage is out of whack at light load....but I'm tending to doubt it's the PSU.

will do.

Yes.

After poking around a bit more, I saw this pin missing on the GPU PCIE connection. Is this something to truly worry about?
image.jpg

Jul 7, 2021
That is not a missing pin, it is an alignment cut.
I see that one of the terminals is shorter. I find that a bit strange....although it looks long enough to work.

I searched it up further and it turns out they're intentional. Still no luck with getting any HDMI output. I don't have a displayport cable, but could that possibly be a solution?

looking for my voltimeter

Jul 7, 2021
update 2: the PSU does indeed appear to be the problem, some of the pins aren't giving any voltage whatsoever. None of them have a 12V and -12V charge, so I'm planning on buying another PSU.