No Video Output Following RAM Swap.

PurplePelog

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Brief Statement:
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my computer, as stated in the title, and need your help! I had recently installed two new RAM sticks (2 X 4 gb, Team Elite) to replace my old ones (2 X 2 gb, OCZ) in a slow, step-by-step attempt to upgrade my computer. However following the swap, there is no longer any video output to my monitor. I am hoping that the community can help me!

Specs:
ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard (DDR3)
Intel Core i3 Processor (Model # Unknown)
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III (Pretty sure it's this one)
HIS ATI Radeon HD 5770
Enermax Uber Chakra
Windows 7 x86

2 X OCZ PC3 8500 Gold Series; PN: OCZ3G10664GK; 1066 MHz; 7-7-7 @ 1.6v; 2gb [Old]
2 X Team Group Elite PC3-10600 CL9; PN: TED34096M1333HC9; 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v; 4gb [New]

Computer was assembled by another company (OTV) who I now, almost, hate.
Otherwise, this just denotes professional assembly and somewhat of a "trust" that nothing is truly faulty.

Where the issue started/Before the issue started; details:
This part may be irrelevant ~ I was having issues with this computer immediately after it had contracted its build in August 2010. It BSOD'd on my ass and mini dumped everytime I booted it. It would not work - as in constantly BSOD and dump components of software - with certain software (Starcraft II) if I shut down the computer after installing it (I know, it's weird) forcing me to reinstall most programs. Computer was brought back several times to no avail. Alas, I just never shut down my computer (only put her to sleep). After a while, my computer stopped dumping so consistently (even following shut downs) and instead started freezing like a **** during heavier process requiring tasks, like gaming. So I figured I'd begin to upgrade parts; this is where my hell begins.~

I bought the new RAM, they arrived. I cracked open my case and swapped my new RAM for my old ones. No video output. ***! Aha (I thought I solved my problem), I realized my RAM were installed loosely (I had actually installed them the wrong way in, with the nodule not aligning) so I installed them properly this time. No video output. Tried my old Ram sticks, no video output. Other channels (dual channel), no video output. (For more attempts, please refer to "Things I Have Tried" section.) I have given up on what to do and hope this community can help me out!

Things I Have Tried:
I did not simply come here because I am lazy, I actually attempted things before this! Anyways I'll let you guys know what I've done (in an attempted chronological order):

1. Tried reinstalling old RAM only to still result in no video output.
2. Different cords/monitor/HDMI and DVI outputs.
3. Googled this issue and found no solution; otherwise I wouldn't be here.
4. Reinstalling old GPU/ Installing a new, identical GPU (was planning to crossfire once I upgraded my motherboard).
5. Installing all four RAM in corresponding channels (Dual Channel; color coded and hard to *** up)
6. Did most things on this list: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems (Single RAM in all slots)
7. A combination of old/new GPU with single RAM in all slots.
8. No GPU and single RAM/dual RAM in all slots and attempted stream from direct motherboard output.

I have probably tried more, but that's all i can currently think of. So far nothing has shown any video output.

Clearing the air before suggestions are spammed:
-I am confident that it works, power is clearly on and connected (fans are running/lights are on).
-I do trust that it was originally built properly and I have only adjusted the RAM. Everything is in tact/same place from when it was working - immediately before I swapped RAM.
-Proper input on the monitor; cords are working and monitor is working.
-RAMs/GPUs installed properly (not wiggling, properly fitting into expansions slots)
-Compatible RAMs, I read the manual. Neither are on the officially "recognized" list of RAMs by the motherboard; however, the motherboard automatically senses and adjusts voltage to new RAM (so it states), and both are of compatible MHz and run at proper voltage.

Things I'm Planning On Trying:
Re attempt all single RAM with new GPU/old GPU/no GPU combinations. I might've missed one as it is a tedious task.
Plugging in to check for error sounds.

Additional Question(s):
Do you guys think this could be a motherboard issue?

Message from me
Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

I will try to stay as updated as possible with this! Please help if you can! Any suggestions would be nice! Hope I posted this in the right place!

turn the pc off and pull the power from the wall and clear the cmos. using the jumper. get a coke or coffee and then come back..move the jumper back and put one old dimm in the mb. if the system posts with one dimm check that the mb has the newest bios . P7H55-M 1302 BIOS. has the newest cpu and ram code. when you pull the ram out check for dirt/bent pins. when you installed your ram did you pull the power from the wall..most new mb keep 5v live on the mb and you can short out a mb if you dont drain power from the mb.

PurplePelog

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hmm I was rather skeptical about restarting bios, but alright I will try that though it will have to wait until tomorrow.

It was unplugged when originally swapping, but might have been plugged in (turned off of course) when realizing it was installed incorrectly.

PurplePelog

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Did quite a few variations, (RAM in different slots) to no avail. I tried resetting by removing the battery as well (unplugged), also to no avail.
Might you be able to offer some more advice?

try ruling out all the issues. try posting the mb outside the case with one dimm and a know good power supply and video card and see if there any video. check the ram slots for bent pins and look on the mb for any burn marks. if the system wont post any video..see if it posting at all remove the vidoe card and see if there any cmos beep codes. if there none try removing all the ram...