No video output from graphics card

Inkiad

Distinguished
Hello,
Last night i shut down my computer. It was working fine, played DOTA with friends. This morning when i turned it off i saw no video output on the monitor. All fans and lights are on but no video. Tried VGA with the GPU, still nothing. Then unplugged GPU and i get video from my motherboard. Is my GPU dead?

Edit: I do not get video from onboard graphics if the dedicated one is installed. It is by the way a 7750.

Solution
I would double check your BIOS settings in your Mobo. Some Mobo's default to onboard GPU when/if the CMOS battery dies or the BIOS gets reset due to power issues or the CMOS battery not keeping the settings.

I would also pull out the GPU and re-seat it back into the slot along with the PCI-e power connector, if yours has one (you didn't mention which GPU you had).
I would double check your BIOS settings in your Mobo. Some Mobo's default to onboard GPU when/if the CMOS battery dies or the BIOS gets reset due to power issues or the CMOS battery not keeping the settings.

I would also pull out the GPU and re-seat it back into the slot along with the PCI-e power connector, if yours has one (you didn't mention which GPU you had).

Solution