Question No video output from GTX 1080

sterfri99

Reputable
Dec 9, 2016
Hello again people that I only contact when I'm in a dire situation!

Here's the rundown: I recently moved out of my parent's house to my own apartment. Computer was working perfectly prior to all this. Before packing my computer up, I removed the GPU to dust it out. I was not wearing an anti-static band as I lost mine ages ago. I stood barefoot on tile and grounded myself on unpainted metal before touching anything inside the case. Walked outside with the GPU and blowed compressed air through it as it was dusty af. Brought the computer outside and did the same (It was a warm dry day). Put everything back together and transported my PC in a box with bubble wrap. I did not verify that everything worked before packing it... because I'm stupid. Drove slowly and carefully and had no problems bringing everything upstairs. Now when connecting everything, my monitor detects no input. I tried a new displayport cable and an HDMI cable verified to work with this monitor and my laptop. Neither send a signal to the monitor. Previously I used the mini displayport cable that came with the monitor but I accidentally left it behind. I'm wondering if I accidentally broke the card when I had it out? I don't think blowing air into it would damage it... but I could be wrong. It powers up with the PC so it's not dead as far as I can tell. It lights up and fans spin up upon booting.

Is my best bet bringing the GPU on it's own to a computer shop so they can see if it works? Or are there solutions I can try here and now? Should I see if I can go get the mDP cable I was using previously to see if that still works?

I've disconnected and reconnected all the power cables. I've uninstalled and re-installed the card. The HDMI cable that works with my laptop to this monitor was plugged into both HDMI ports on the card and I didn't get video.

System specs:
Monitor: Asus MG279Q 1440p 144Hz
CPU: i5-6600k with AIO watercooler
GPU Asus Strix RoG GTX 1080
MB: Asus z170 Pro Gaming
16GB DDR4 RAM

Thank you in advance! (I have a lot of online classes but I'll try to check in here every few hours)