[SOLVED] No video output from Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX after PC is shutdown overnight

AntAC

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2014
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX
CPU: Intel 12700k
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
BIOS Version: AMI 2703 8/11/23
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MT/s DDR4 CL16
PSU: Super Flower Leadex VII 1000W Gold
Case: Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19045

I received a new Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX last Wednesday, Sep 6. After being shutdown for an extended period (like overnight), it won't output video. Both of my monitors remain black, and my motherboard illuminates the VGA LED. The PC is booting and making it to Windows because I hear the Windows hardware noise.

I've only had it happen after the PC has been shutdown overnight, short shutdowns (as long as an hour) don't cause the issue. To get the PC to output I have to do a hard shutdown and boot it again, though sometimes that doesn't work and I have to unplug it and do a power drain by holding the power button.

Once I've made it into Windows with my displays working, the GPU performs very well. I've had no crashes or black screens in games. Temps are all fine.

Troubleshooting:

DDU uninstall of Nvidia drivers. I did this both before the GPU installation and since I've had the issue
DDU uninstall of AMD drivers followed by a fresh installation
BIOS update on motherboard
Chipset update
Checked PSU power cables to make sure all are seated correctly on the PSU and GPU

Does anyone have ideas on what the problem could be?

AntAC

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2014
Update: After dozens of hours googling, researching, and trying every troubleshooting suggestion I could possibly find, I'm sending the GPU back to Newegg for a replacement. I suppose there is a possibility that I got a bad card, but I have read a lot of reports of people with Z690 boards having issues at boot with 7900 XTXs. I'll post another update for future Googlers when I get my replacement card.

Reactions: mambateqrules