Question No video output, motherboard: H110M-K

Apr 13, 2020
Disclaimer: I am a newbie tehnician and may use inappropriate terms, also english is not my native language and i could make mistakes. Thanks for understanding.

Hello, I have a client which has problems with the video output, its a black screen, it seems i cant resolve it. When the computer boots up, the fans start and the computer seems to work, the only problem is that the monitor doesn't recieve video signal. I checked the monitor with another computer and the monitor works fine. So the monitor isnt the problem.
Next, i checked the power supply and it works. The video card is fine, ram is fine (maybe).

I tried removing the CMOS battery and place it again and to my suprise it worked, the monitor recieved signal. I thought thats it. I called the client to take his computer. One hour later the client calls me saying that the computer isnt working, its still got the black screen.

Then he brought the computer back, I opened the computer case in front of my client, i reseted the cmos battery, and it worked again!! I don't know what that means. I thought the battery is low and changed it with a newer one. I asked the client to give me some more time to do some testing and i'll give it to him tomorrow. I want to be sure the problem is solved.

I don't know what to do now, here at home it works and somewhere else it doesnt.
Should i flash the bios?

specs of the computer:

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
GPU: GeForce GTX 570
RAM: 4 GB DDR4
Motherboard: Asus H110M-K
PSU: 500W
SSD 120GB, HDD 300GB

Do you have any ideas?

EDIT: I have found out the computer was overclocked before this happened. The motherboard doesnt support overclock, could be this the cause. The client described he overclocked the pc and left it work all day.

I read this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-boots-shows-black-screen-constantly.3206370/

Last edited:
I am trying to get the video output from the graphics card. But the graphics card works.

How do you know the card works? Did you test it in another computer? Fans spinning on the cards don't indicate anything.

Try another GPU in the computer, if it works then the card is most likely faulty

I have had two dying graphics cards that would randomly work so its entirely possible the card itself is dying.

Apr 13, 2020
How do you know the card works? Did you test it in another computer? Fans spinning on the cards don't indicate anything.

Try another GPU in the computer, if it works then the card is most likely faulty

I have had two dying graphics cards that would randomly work so its entirely possible the card itself is dying.

i couldn't test the video card because it requires 2x 6pin, and my psu has only 1x 6pin. BUT i put my own GTX 750 Ti to see if it works, and it worked, i didnt see a difference. Maybe the problem is somewhere else.
You missed my point.

Listen
Right know everything works fine, but i am worried that the client will bring his computer back at home and it will not work, that would be an embarrassment. I am not sure if the problem is solved simply by reseting the cmos battery since i already did that in the past, it worked for a while, but the black screen reappeared again.

i couldn't test the video card because it requires 2x 6pin, and my psu has only 1x 6pin. BUT i put my own GTX 750 Ti to see if it works, and it worked, i didnt see a difference. Maybe the problem is somewhere else.
You missed my point.

Listen
Right know everything works fine, but i am worried that the client will bring his computer back at home and it will not work, that would be an embarrassment. I am not sure if the problem is solved simply by reseting the cmos battery since i already did that in the past, it worked for a while, but the black screen reappeared again.

I'm not missing your point, I'm trying to tell you unless you can test the card in another system there's no way to say that the card isn't the problem. As I said dying cards can work then suddenly not work however it also entirely possible the PSU is faulty and using a 750ti doesn't really help since 750ti require no external power and draw just from the PCIe slot . That's why you need to test the card in a system that is known to work in order to verify if its the card or something else in his computer..

Apr 13, 2020
I'm not missing your point, I'm trying to tell you unless you can test the card in another system there's no way to say that the card isn't the problem. As I said dying cards can work then suddenly not work however it also entirely possible the PSU is faulty and using a 750ti doesn't really help since 750ti require no external power and draw just from the PCIe slot . That's why you need to test the card in a system that is known to work in order to verify if its the card or something else in his computer..

ok, what if i replace my psu with his psu and put in there gtx 570, will it work? or it has to be a complete different system? the psu is working properly

Last edited: