[SOLVED] No video output on a new build ?

Mar 23, 2021
Hello, I recently built a new pc but because of the current GPU shortage I am stuck with my old GTX 660 for the time being. The problem I have is that when I start my computer everything seems fine PC POST's and normally proceeds to BOOT but there is no video signal at all from the very moment I power on the system. My system specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Mother Board: MSI Mpg Mpg B550I Gaming Edge Wifi
RAM: Corsair Cmk16Gx4M2E3200C16 16Gb (2X8Gb) Ddr4 3200Mhz Vengeance
GPU: Asus GTX 660
PSU: Cooler Master V650 SFX Gold Plus
Storage: SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB 2400MB-1950MB/s NVMe M.2 SSD SDSSDH3N-1T00-G25
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

To describe everything in more detail, MSI ez-debug leds turns on and then off one by one as they should and if I don't plug in a win 10 boot drive led's get stuck at boot as expected or if I don't plug in GPU at all led's get stuck in VGA as expected. When everything is connected no debug leds are on after like 10 seconds and keyboard and mouse lights up properly (I can even change the lighting patterns of the keyboard with shortcut keys) but there is no video output from gtx660's Display port or HDMI. GTX660 works perfectly fine in my old case so I know that the card is not dead.

What I can think of is that the old GPU is incompatible with a new motherboard that has no OS installed but I am not sure, any ideas as to what can be casuing the problem?

Solution
Update: Well it turns out the problem was indeed the GPU. After finding a cheap GT710 to test the system, computer started normally and I was able to install windows, etc. on it. I really do not know how can a working but older GPU can be incompatible with the system but it was indeed the problem.

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
If every component seems to be working based on the debug led's, you may have to update the bios. It looks like the board has a flash bios button, so you might not need to see anything to actually do the update. If that doesn't work, it may be an issue with the mobo itself.

Mar 23, 2021
Update: Well it turns out the problem was indeed the GPU. After finding a cheap GT710 to test the system, computer started normally and I was able to install windows, etc. on it. I really do not know how can a working but older GPU can be incompatible with the system but it was indeed the problem.

Solution

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021

Glad to hear you fixed the problem. Good luck with the build.