Nov 6, 2019
Hey guys, I have the following problem:

At the end of April this year, I bought the following hardware for a new PC:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • MSI B450 TOMAHAWK motherboard
  • Asus Radeon RX Vega 64
  • 650 watts be quiet! Straight Power 11
  • 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V
Since the professional assembly everything went great, I had absolutely no problems with the PC. Since then I have not operated overclocking or even opened my case. One day, just over a month ago, I had a presentation for uni that I wanted to practice with a USB presenter. So I plugged the receiver of the presenter into the USB 3.0 port of the case, and at the same time I don't get a signal on my screen anymore. Also, the VGA debug light is lit on the motherboard. Then I connected my graphics card on the lower PCIe slot, and everything works perfectly there again. However, this is not a solution for me, because the fans of my GPU on the lower slot are blocked by all sorts of cables.

For me that was a pretty clear case at the time, something must have blown in the VGA PCIe slot 1, so it's a manufacturer defect, an easy warranty claim. So I sent my motherboard with detailed explanation of my problem to the support, had to wait 3 weeks and then got my motherboard returned without any explanation. I hoped for the best and installed it, unfortunately I got exactly the same problem. So I contacted support again and got the request to send in my video card with my motherboard. Today, after just one week, I got both back, with a statement that no defects have been found anywhere. Of course I put my PC together again, and my expectation has been confirmed, my graphics card still does not output a picture on the upper PCIe slot and gets a debug light, everything runs on the lower one.

Then, I asked my roomate if I can borrow his GPU (ASUS GTX 1070) to test the motherboard today, and with his GPU, PCIe slot 1 works perfectly fine.

For me, that's a mystery ... What could that be? Thank you for your help.

Solution
If id be in your situation i would,

check every single cable if it is connected correctly
reinstall latest drivers for every component
reinstall your operatin system (win 10?)
check your event viewer for errors...
run a system check for any problems

You could aswell if your roommate allows that, try your GPU on his PC, the gpu is the problem? so test it with other components and if it still have any problems go get a refund from the manufacturer...

Im sorry if i missunderstood your problem my english is not really good. i read your post twice but im woondering what you mean by connected your gpu to the PCIe slot, as far i know which i also use in my own setup i have my SSD connected with the PCIe slot not the graphics card, that...

Help4567

BANNED
Sep 9, 2019
If id be in your situation i would,

check every single cable if it is connected correctly
reinstall latest drivers for every component
reinstall your operatin system (win 10?)
check your event viewer for errors...
run a system check for any problems

You could aswell if your roommate allows that, try your GPU on his PC, the gpu is the problem? so test it with other components and if it still have any problems go get a refund from the manufacturer...

Im sorry if i missunderstood your problem my english is not really good. i read your post twice but im woondering what you mean by connected your gpu to the PCIe slot, as far i know which i also use in my own setup i have my SSD connected with the PCIe slot not the graphics card, that wouldnt even work

Solution
-- snip --

Im sorry if i missunderstood your problem my english is not really good. i read your post twice but im woondering what you mean by connected your gpu to the PCIe slot, as far i know which i also use in my own setup i have my SSD connected with the PCIe slot not the graphics card, that wouldnt even work

PCIe slots are for video cards, pretty much every modern video card uses a PCIe connection.

TRENDING THREADS