[SOLVED] No Video output, POST successful, need assistance.

CharmingEdgar

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
A friend got his computer, which is a good few years old and working as of 2 months ago, shipped from his home country to the UK.

Upon arrival the PC gives no video output to any monitor, TV I've tried and does no give any POST beeps. Thus far I have -
Cleared CMOS via battery & Jumpers
Tried RAM and GPU from my PC, and successfully booted my PC with his RAM and GPU.
Unseated all RAM to check for POST beep codes, got a 3 short code which is Bad RAM for AMIBIOS.
I also ran without the power to GPU which gave me a screen asking to plug GPU power in, meaning GPU must still be capable of output.

I have a multimeter and fresh thermal paste however I haven't a clue how to actually use the multimeter, and the CPU shouldn't be the issue as with RAM there is no POST beep to indicate bad CPU, I'm lost for where to go next aside learning to use multimeter and checking mobo power and PSU.
Spec:
AMD processor, Don't know which unfortauntely.
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
MSI GTX 1070
4x4gb Gskills DDR3 RAM
OS SSD
Data HDD
Win7

Solution
Not sure about the issue, then, since you've tested different graphics card and not working. Try testing also different power supply with different graphics card.